Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thats a good point man, i'm from FL and to be honest alot of people down here have crazy attitudes. Hell, the town i'm from Jacksonville has the highest murder rate per population in America. Like you say it's probably just a certain type, but an opener would actually work in most situations.

I used one the other day on a HB8 walking down the hall at the same university. She was smoking a cigarette and when she passed by a looked her in the eyes and smiled and she kept the eye contact and smiled back. A few paces later I turned around and asked to bum a cigarette. Now I know this usually tends to DLV, but she was smoking too. So we chatted it up and I used some time constraints about having to go back to work, but ended up getting her number and went on my way.

Post subject: Re: The Newbie Mission
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Don't post in this thread if you haven't actually gone out and done this mission!
Done

Did this on the way to work and said “Good Morning” to many, many people , even some people on the Tube in front of everyone.

First few were hard but became easier and easier. Goes to show learning really comes when you stretch yourself.

Was interesting, very simple to do but hard to keep at it all the way to work and not start “well I’ve done X number of people so I can stop now”.

Doing this in London where people are often keen to not make eye contact or speak at the best of times – being early in the morning added an edge to it.

I had to really make sure to speak clearly, confidently and with lots of positive energy (why else would I be saying “Good Morning” to people unless I was having an amazing day?), learned this after the first few tries where people just blanked me.

Lots of people ignored or just looked confused, some people smiled and replied back.

Was great, I feel good and learnt a lot about how to approach from doing this – namely

Approach with confidence

Speak Clearly

Be positive.

(I knew all this already, but internalising this knowledge was very good)

---

This evening was much more confident sargin girl in queue for coffee, opened really well, but my middle game moving past comfort needs some work now.

Rooter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi...

I went out to do the newbie mission tonight. I got 16 hello's and 10 nothings... of course unfortunately I was becoming a total chickenshit by the end.

I decided that I needed some of the old liquid courage... I then went and read some pick up stuff on my ipod... then some chess.

I lost but I got to make up my own opinion opener... so, I was playing chess with this guy and he threw the game, would you throw a game??? I got the response that I don't play chess and no, I wouldn't throw the game and that it's pas grave which means it's not really important.

The first time I opened with it was with a two set, one from germany living in london and visiting a friend, the other from sweden living in geneva... quite frankly, I was so surprised that they responded to me at all I didn't know what the fuck to do.

The next set was a mixed two set... they didn't care but they were happy to talk to someone from Canada...

The next two set was two girls from geneva... they were the pas grave ones. Both were pretty attractive, one an hb7 the other an hb 8 or 9, I talked to the 7 and the other went and found some guy to bring over try to tease me with... when she saw it didn't bother me she ditched him.

Then another one came... she jumped right in with "you're from canada... I'm from Vancouver where are you from." I told her and we started talking. I walked her back to her hostel.

All in all, way more than I expected but I feel like I totally fucked up. Of the first two, one of them was rubbing my leg with her foot but I couldn't respond because, like I said, I was a chickenshit. The third set, I spoke with limited french to one while trying to escalate slightly with the other but didn't get further than touching her leg, arm and back. And, the girl from Vancouver I walked back to her hostel... we're supposed to meet tomorrow so that I can show her around the town... again, I only touched her leg, arm and back.

How do I escalate kino, or should I just not worry about it and be happy that I had limited success and know that I'm getting better.

outrider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

chief i read ya post before the weekend and thought why not give it a go!

so i headed down to the shopping complex/mall, i was pretty confident and wasnt too daunted by the mission.

i walked tall, head up and a big smile. it seemed to disarm most people and they were generally happy to get a cheerful greeting from a stranger. there were a few definate bitch shields who completely ignored me and went the other way and then there were some people who looked at me funny and just walked off. it seemed for some reason the middle aged women responded well and i even got into a few unexpected conversations after a simple " how are you today". i found that to get an easy conversation going a shop assistant was best. they are there to help the customer and are generally friendly, so it is a lot less daunting to approach. although it isnt the exact goal of the mission i think it would help those having difficulty talking to completely random person.

it is a great confidence boost for those who need it! and it proves that it isnt hard to say hello to a complete stranger no matter how hot they are. With out any expectations like geeting a number etc. you dont have to worry bout stuffing up!

overall a good first step, so now whats the next challenge?

peace

Simmer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Sup amigos.

Okay I did something similar to this when I first started playing the field about a year ago, except what I did was a more extreme alternative. Okay so what I did was I went to the nearest McDonald's for about a month and everyday I'd study there. But when I was taking breaks I'd go pick-up some other girls who were studying there too, and occasionally some of the girls working at McDonald's.

What many people don't realise is that pick-up is an art, it's flexible and it the ways to do it are infinite. You just gotta work some creativity. The main point here is not to look like you're hitting on a girl right from the start, but to make it seem like an innocent comment or joke. And most importantly - If your mind can't seem to work right it's probably because this is one of your first experiences talking to a girl - or facing the unknown. What I do, is I just imagine I'm talking to a dude with really long hair. Sounds sick, but it works.

THAT'S ME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I was recently turned to the world of PUAs by my cousin referring the book (The Game, By Style). After a short search I was brought here to continue furthering my knowledge. My attention was caught by this Newbie Mission and thought it would be worth a try. Here is a short version of how it went down.

I came to the conclusion that a party at a friend's place would be a good location to try this out. I arrived just as the party was starting and just within seconds of a few girls. I entered the house and started the task right off with a smile and a look around the room. It was fairly crowded and I was forced to move to the side near a couch. There stood a maybe 6.5 18 year old babe that I greeted with a smile and a hello. I myself am a bit of a big guy and not too sure of how I rate on the attraction scale but she took to me pretty quick. It wasn't long until she invited me to sit with her on the couch. After talking a little and getting some IOIs I decided it might be a good idea to separate us from the group and I took her to the shed out back we use for beer pong.

This is where it gets bad. We talk some more and all is looking good until another guy stumbles in and joins us... I couldn't shake him off so I took us back to the party and pretty much get to the point where she leaves the group with me again to the shed. It wasn't long when he showed back up and I soon lost her interest... The end.

This is my first post and attempt so anything to help would be great.

Thanks,
The_Boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

So today I had my hand at the test. I needed to go to the mall anyway to pick up some new shoes, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

First off, I'm not a social guy unless there are outside forces. i.e. Friends, music, or liquid courage. I also am not very good at queing on a smile at anytime, so the task was much harder for me doing this in a mall in the middle of the day, then say a club or bar on a friday night with some buddies.

I wouldn't say it was a complete disaster, however didn't get as many responses as I hoped to have gotten. My goal was to get a least 20 girls to smile and at least say 'hi' back. I'm ashamed to admit I got half that. My smile felt as silly as it prolly looked, and more often then not I felt so dumb that I ended up just giving a head nod instead of saying "How you doing?"

But it was a bitter sweet experience. Although, I didn't get the results I wanted, I Now know that my 'obstacle' is doing things alone and smiling. I've made it my goal to do this everywhere I go, until I can confidently dawn a smile at any moment, and not be intimidated by a miniscul 'hello'. I will be a PUA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Tried this yesterday. I was surprised at how easy it was, I figured it would have been way more awkward. Anyway, I had a hard time getting eye contact. Most girls would look away relatively fast (a second or two). Is this common or an indication that I was doing something wrong? FWIW, I got a couple friendly "Hi" responses, but not as many as I wanted. I'm gonna go back today and try it again.

eta: I dressed well and am a decent looking guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I did a variation of this once on my own...I have always had PA and approaching any girl in a club is really difficult until I have a few drinks inside me. Anyway one night I decided to go out and say the dumbest thing I could possibly say to as many girls as I could. I figured if I did that, anything else I ever said would sound so much better and I'd feel more confident doing it.

So I decided to go with "Do you have a condom I can borrow?" I'd follow that up with "I have a bet going with a friend that I can get a condom from a girl...I will return it to you once I collect from him".

I guess it went as well as I could possibly hope. I must have used it on about 12-15 girls of which about 3-4 were totally wierded out, 4-5 laughed but walked away and I actually managed good conversations with the others...no number closes but all in all not too bad.

Oh and one of the girls even told me...if any girl here did carry a condom, she would never admit to it :).

But this was about 6 months back. I have moved to Seattle from California and havent been out in almost 3 months now...planning to start afresh and try this at a mall ... will post the results once I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Chief! Listen, i have tried all what u said. I went out.. firstly while i was walking to the mall i did this "Hi" things. I get only one response from the girl who was just staying on the tram station. Then i went to the mall and started give "
Hi" things too, there i got 0 "Hi" (i tried approximetly 10 times, I know isn't much) most of girls were staring at me if am i wired or smth ? This confused me a little... I WAS SMILING!
How to get fucking eye contact ? I am staring at them, when they are looking at my side i am smiling... Doesn't work they just start to look somewhere down.... I wasn't looking ugly or smth... I had my normal casual clothes.... My everyday normal means cool for the majority of men.

How to get eye contact ? I know that i was sometimes saying not as loud as it should be... I dunno why....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:16 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Haha ok this was fun and nerve-wracking at the same time.

So I planned to go to the local mall after classes today.

During my classes I used a NLP trick and the cube on this chick I had started talking to before finding out about 'the game'. It went great and we were having a good time. I left without doing much more simply because I was so happy with what I had accomplished.

I got to the mall, and it was full of 8s-10s. I was shitting myself when i first started this. This is where I messed up, but kinda helped myself out in a different way too.

I remembered style's opener about the friend whos gf found pics of the friends ex in the closet. I used this and opened on 4 groups (3-5sets) and 2 or 3 singlesets.

It worked great, but inbetween then whenever I was looking for groups of girls (easier for me for some reason) and i forgot to do the "hi" part. I would smile and make eye contact with girls passing by, but i forgot to say "hi" because i was thinking of how to lead the conversation after the opener.

The other thing I messed up about was thinking too much. Every time i saw a girl that was on the other side of the escalator or somewhere where I had to walk more than 5 feet, my mind was telling me that it would look weird for me to walk that far to approach. As if I thought they would look up the second i started walking then it would be awkward eye contact until I got up to her.

I ended up just performing the opener and not much else to most of the sets. On a couple i teased them afterward, but then after the convo kinda died, and we went back to shopping.

I think I was successful in at least one part. I think I'll just do the excersize tomorrow also.

At least I can open, keep eye contact, speak slowly (not rushing) and clearly, and entertain a group of girls for at least 2 minutes.

Now I gotta find out how to turn that 2 minutes into all night haha.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:26 am 

Quote:
I would smile and make eye contact with girls passing by, but i forgot to say "hi" because i was thinking of how to lead the conversation after the opener.
The trick to opening gracefully is to just trust yourself to carry the conversation when the time comes even if you aren't prepared with anything. The only thing you should be really thinking about is the present moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I've also tried it. I found it was no big deal and just nice to do. A few months ago I tried also something like this, only then I tried to start a conversation. I didn't succeed, but this works fine. A tip for everybody who doesn't have the balls to deal whit this, begin with ugly girls, and build it up. It worked for me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey,

Although very new to this forum, I feel this task is almost elementary for me as i do this WHEREVER I go. I think guys, you (based on posts here) are reading too much into this. The idea is to say HI! to everyone. You don't need to be throwing line and hook in. It's realy to get your confidence up. Think of it this way, the first thing you will ever need to say is hello or hi to someone. Think of these girls as another mate you know. It took me a very long time to get into this chain of thought so you can;t expect an overnight change as mentioned in the task itself. There is no 'Magic Pill'. The more you perform this task however, the better you will feel. You may even find that while doing this task, you may have a few girls open with you. A 'hi' back and a cheeky smile could be seen as an IOI.
The smile will immediettly open you up to people because they will percieve you as a warm person. So keep at it!

Hope this helps

Respect...

TD

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Field report. One afternoon in the city.

I started walking just on the street saying hello. About the first lets say 12 I got nothing not even a respond, then from the 13th she was waiting for someone. She was a HB 8 I said hey then i got a big smile and hi hi back. Then I realised that in the beginning I never turned around I only gave them about 1-2 seconds to respond. So from on there I always turned around then they often smile or give me this weird look. The look said like she was shocked/surprised please explain this for me and I'm quite certain it wasn't the creepy look. Then I was walking keep on saying hey. Then I opened a two set with "the jealous girlfriend" and they stood there also quite surprised I felt maybe it's just is the creepy thing. They answered like no, should it be weird? Then I just walked away. The next was one girl waiting for someone or something. I asked do you use dental floss before or after you brush. Then with quite annoying look. She said it's up to each person why bother an argument about it. Then the last one was a hired gun who was about an HB8 and was helping the animals or something. She came to me like hi, I smiled and said the same. Then she asked if I knew what she was doing bla bla. I said no and she asked my age and I said 17 wich I shouldn't then she said oh you need to be 18+. But she still seemed interest I asked about small talk. I should've negged and go with a plan but I just left. But I felt like there was like I could number close here just have to play better next time. Well that's all from today.

So please help me and explain this look that is like they are surprised when you say hello. And english isn't my mother language and it's my first report so don't be too harsh on the language.