Girl on Tinder stopped replying critique my messages


Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Users browsing this forum: Arch Stanton and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions




Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 pm 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
I disagree.

Younger women think phone calls are annoying from guys they don't have physical/emotional connections with yet.

Plus, most of the guys here are neurotic, nervous wrecks and would make a girl run away with a phone call.

Best bet for these guys are clean, neutral, to-the-point texts that facilitate meet ups.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
The Grand Puba
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Posts: 5631
Location: Los Angeles
Arch Stanton wrote:
I disagree.

Younger women think phone calls are annoying from guys they don't have physical/emotional connections with yet.

Plus, most of the guys here are neurotic, nervous wrecks and would make a girl run away with a phone call.

Best bet for these guys are clean, neutral, to-the-point texts that facilitate meet ups.
I tend to make a phone call before meeting up. Never had a problem because of it. The problem that you speak of is when you make these calls without making a positive impact when you initially meet them. If they like you, they don't mind a call.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 am
Posts: 3748
JackZero wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
I disagree.

Younger women think phone calls are annoying from guys they don't have physical/emotional connections with yet.

Plus, most of the guys here are neurotic, nervous wrecks and would make a girl run away with a phone call.

Best bet for these guys are clean, neutral, to-the-point texts that facilitate meet ups.
I tend to make a phone call before meeting up. Never had a problem because of it. The problem that you speak of is when you make these calls without making a positive impact when you initially meet them. If they like you, they don't mind a call.


I'd have to ask whats the point in meeting up if you're that nervous for a phone call? Like, wont the same neurotic guys be MORE neurotic and nervous in person?

And yeah, Ive never had a problem with it too. Chicks tend to like a phone call because it shows you're just not another guy who can be cool when you have time to think what to text. Phone calls make it waayy easier imo, and if someone cant have a phone call because they're nervous and weird, in person is not going to be better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:42 pm 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
neo87 wrote:

I'd have to ask whats the point in meeting up if you're that nervous for a phone call? Like, wont the same neurotic guys be MORE neurotic and nervous in person?


Because there are other factors than his voice, and he has time to "settle in" on the date. She may like his posture, body, smile, etc. On the phone, it's just a nervous voice. Look at the texts they send, man. If the texts are a disaster, you can bet the phone will amplify it.


Quote:
And yeah, Ive never had a problem with it too. Chicks tend to like a phone call because it shows you're just not another guy who can be cool when you have time to think what to text. Phone calls make it waayy easier imo, and if someone cant have a phone call because they're nervous and weird, in person is not going to be better.



You and I can handle that just fine. Most guys are emotionally retarded and don't know how to act around women. they talk them out of the first date via text and phone. So they need to reach that first date, and settle in.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:03 am
Posts: 136
I'd received most of the advice before I sent my last msg. Everyone said be concise and to the point, that's what I'd have been and would be on pre-date phone calls going forward. If I'd be "nervous neurotic and emotional wreck" without having to escalate or look at the person, there really isn't much point bothering with a date.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 pm 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
Curtis72 wrote:
I'd received most of the advice before I sent my last msg. Everyone said be concise and to the point, that's what I'd have been and would be on pre-date phone calls going forward.




Why do you need "pre-date phone calls"? You set a date, then you get off the phone and do work. Or work out.

Four to five texts max when you first text her. Get to the point, because it shows you also know how to get to the point in bed, too. Andin your career.

My gf gave me a green light this week. I went on a site called Plenty of Fish (lol). let me tell you, if the women there spent as much effort into calorie counting as they do a hundred different contorted angles to make themselves not look obese, they'd be much better off.

Anyway, I ran across a woman who interested me. Here's what I said:

Me: Hey, XXX, I'm digging your look. And I like to get to the point.

Her: Helloooo, I like that.

Me: I have to get back to a project, but shoot me your number so we can have some fun next week.

Her: *gives me her number* You better!

Me: Cool, nice meeting you.


DONE.

Quote:
If I'd be "nervous neurotic and emotional wreck" without having to escalate or look at the person, there really isn't much point bothering with a date.


Most guys are bad judges at what neurotic/nervous is. They think they're cool, but they're not. and when they "course correct", it's usually a drive down Beta Male Lane, replacing the nervousness with male butler syndrome.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 am 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:03 am
Posts: 136
Arch Stanton wrote:
Why do you need "pre-date phone calls"? You set a date, then you get off the phone and do work. Or work out.


Anyone has time to fit in a minute long call. She was probably on the fence after she texted back following the earlier bottle job and a phone call may have swung it in my favour. Neo knows a lot more than me about this stuff so maybe it would have worked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 am 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
Curtis72 wrote:
Anyone has time to fit in a minute long call.


This is a needy frame. The woman owes you nothing. You don't even know her. She doesn't owe you a call, a text, a response. *anything*. All you can control is how you show up.

You are a busy man with a lot going on. Phone calls to women you've never met are awkward, and high-investment. You really don't have time to shoot the shit with a woman before a date. Hell, you aren't even sure she's good enough for you yet.

This is a fucking Tinder girl you've never met. Try to apply some context in your world, and you'll get better results.


Quote:
She was probably on the fence after she texted back following the earlier bottle job and a phone call may have swung it in my favour.



It's still not over. Don't contact her for a while, see if she reaches out.

what did you respond with when she asked if you were free?

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:16 am 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
JackZero wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
I disagree.

Younger women think phone calls are annoying from guys they don't have physical/emotional connections with yet.

Plus, most of the guys here are neurotic, nervous wrecks and would make a girl run away with a phone call.

Best bet for these guys are clean, neutral, to-the-point texts that facilitate meet ups.
I tend to make a phone call before meeting up. Never had a problem because of it. The problem that you speak of is when you make these calls without making a positive impact when you initially meet them. If they like you, they don't mind a call.



It's Tinder, so no first meet before call.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
The Grand Puba
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Posts: 5631
Location: Los Angeles
Arch Stanton wrote:
JackZero wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
I disagree.

Younger women think phone calls are annoying from guys they don't have physical/emotional connections with yet.

Plus, most of the guys here are neurotic, nervous wrecks and would make a girl run away with a phone call.

Best bet for these guys are clean, neutral, to-the-point texts that facilitate meet ups.
I tend to make a phone call before meeting up. Never had a problem because of it. The problem that you speak of is when you make these calls without making a positive impact when you initially meet them. If they like you, they don't mind a call.



It's Tinder, so no first meet before call.
Even if there is no physical meet, you can have a conversation. Even if you take your POF example, that won't work for most men. Only Ryan Reynolds, Arch Stanton, and George Clooney can pull that off. Otherwise, the rest of us mortals have to use a little bit of charm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:00 am 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
Don't lump me in with them, lol. I have nowhere near that social status, and I have to use charm as well.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 am
Posts: 3748
Quote:
You are a busy man with a lot going on. Phone calls to women you've never met are awkward, and high-investment. You really don't have time to shoot the shit with a woman before a date. Hell, you aren't even sure she's good enough for you yet.

This is a fucking Tinder girl you've never met. Try to apply some context in your world, and you'll get better results.


You and I see it so differently.....from my point of view, I call BECAUSE of all those things. I dont want to send a chick 5 texts and set up a date, I take my time to show up to a location, and she flakes, or is just lame. A phone call can be quick, it can be in the car while I'm driving somewhere, when I'm at my place or something. I'm not thinking, "hope she likes me or I do ok"...I'm thinking "I'm talking to multiple women and cant go on dates with all of them, let me see if she's cool enough/ a real person/not a time waster before I set aside time to go meet her somewhere." Like your example, if the chick from pof says yes to meeting somewhere with 2 more messages, I personally won't just go ahead and show up at the bar...that to me is wasting more time on a potential flake or a dude or girl fucking around on the internet than taking 5 mins and calling her first. If you're that busy a guy, do you have time to go on dates just from messages? I'd think ESPECIALLY with online dating, you'd want to at least verify you're not talking to a guy in his basement before driving to a meet up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:08 am 
Offline
The Grand Puba
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Posts: 5631
Location: Los Angeles
Arch Stanton wrote:
Don't lump me in with them, lol. I have nowhere near that social status, and I have to use charm as well.
If you pulled the POF girl the way you did, you used 0 charm. More power to you for that. I've used lots of direct and to the point texts like that and it never worked. When I use charm, I have pretty good results.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:18 am 
Online
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 2147
She'd just moved to town, so I think she was pretty itching. Also, her profile read as if she was a very direct person.

That doesn't always work. Kind of have to feel things out a bit.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 5343
Location: Romania
Arch Stanton wrote:
That doesn't always work.


Then why do you always preach it?
That's what I don't understand. Why be so inflexible?

Guys are right imo. Why would I ever invest my time in hanging out with some chick I literally read no more than 4 words from. Like Neo said, if I'm talking to 3 women how the hell am I supposed to chose the one with the most potential if I do nothing in regards to discovering said potential?

Do you have time to go on 3-4 dates per week? Cause I don't.

_________________
I know my place. It's me on top of the world.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Can we be honest?

We want your email address. Let me send you the best seduction techniques ever devised... because they are really good.
close-link