PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hi there. I decided that I would try and talk to, and ask out as many girls as possible this summer, which would improve my social skills and getting over my fear / phobia of talking to women. My goal is 100, which may be high. Yesterday I tried again. I thought that this girl from my class was into me, because she seemed to give me indicators of interest. She approached me from behind at the library and asked me about our test and I talked to her a few minutes. I then went over to help her with her assignment, and asked her out for coffee. When I think about it, this was probably a bad idea. This was the last time I had a chance, but being that forthright in front of people in a library is probably embarrassing for her.

A lot of these experiences have happened in the last 1.5 years I have broken up with my ex, although, I'd started approaching girls or being forthright in the last 8 months since I slept with someone I wasn't attracted to drunk. These have varied in time from 3 minutes to 4 hours. I've had various rejection, either they'd say no to me kissing them, one led me on for a month or two, or I'd meet girls at bars and whether 10 minutes or two hours I'd be rejected.

Is this normal? After 6 or 7 of these rejections, I could blaze ahead and continue to 100, but what if I get there with nothing? That would feel terrible. I'd like to think of this as a skill to increase, and that I suck right now. My problem is every rejection hurts deeply, and I start to question myself, and then lose my confidence, which then makes it harder to be successful having no self esteem. I've even tried dating websites with little success. I have no idea if girls find me attractive, I used to think so, and I used to think I was able to read signs even if I didn't act on them. On the other hand, my ex has plenty of success meeting people. So, is it really hard for most of the male gender? Is it normal for men to experience this kind of rejection, versus women, or is there something wrong with me? Also, if I go out to bars or clubs and approach women, but keep fucking up, aren't I shitting where I eat, and removing my chances? I feel like building a friend group with other women would help, but mine are all male or couples.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm 
King Among Mortals

http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Creepy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Everything you say seems to be totally normal. But you are your enemy. Cliché but true...
And still... that is perfectly normal, and we have to learn how to beat ourselves. What I want to say that you're questioning yourself... that will lead you to a conclusion that there's something wrong with you... and it's not. Read more about all this, here and elsewhere, and see what others have been through until they got it right... You have to know you're not the only such case... And not only that, there are more than many.
And... rejection hurts... it's you fragile ego... You have to deal with it until you understand you don't lose your value when you're rejected. One girl rejects you, another will like you the most... Yeah, you haven't found her yet, but eventually you will, but IT'S ALL UP TO YOU. Read about guys who have been through hundreds of rejections, but they were persistant and finally got their way.
Read more about it, it's important to know, not only that it's normal, but also there are millions, or a billion people like you...
Quote:
Is this normal? After 6 or 7 of these rejections, I could blaze ahead and continue to 100, but what if I get there with nothing? That would feel terrible.
With that worry in your mind that's what you'll get. And still that's not the end of the world. Be persistant. That's why I keep telling you to read about what some guys have been through, and what they were capable of, and what they sacrifised in their life just to find themselves a woman...
Don't be a spoiled kid... that's a tough work to do... to get yourself a woman.
Quote:
I have no idea if girls find me attractive, I used to think so,
It doesn't matter! It's how you talk and behave. I read somewhere on this forum when a guy says that when he talks to a girl, even if she's with her boyfriend, no-one would notice anything weird about it. No-one would think he's seducing her. But he surely knows what he's doing. If he was a good looking guy, I'm sure it would threaten her boyfriend.
But don't compare yourself with the best, we all have some talents the others don't... you have to work your own way up. I tell you all this just to inform you and make you read more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

And if no-one alse answers, ask here again. "Refresh" the topic. Ask for more opinions. :wink:
Talk about it...
And read...