PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:45 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hi. This forum and experienced posters are always encouraging new guys at pick up to develop their own unique style, to stay away from tried and overused pick up lines and focus and develop more, what we call the inner game.

While I do agree, I also think it's impossible to create this "better yourself" without some role models you can look up to. I am myself a film and TV enthusiast and would like to share my favorite TV characters that possess these traits that everyone on this forum talks about. Before any further ado, let's get to the list:

1) Hank Moody - Honesty - Californication

New people on this forum heavily rely on techniques, lines, pseudo science tricks and routines to make a girl fall in love with you. I've got news flash for you, girls have way better cognitive skills than men do, they see trough us like we are made of glass, and they spot a phoney from a miles away. Girls are not stupid, they know you approach them so (eventually) you can fuck them - which they want also, buuuuut - but being dishonest and playing the bad boy (which you are not) wont help you because your body language in most cases isn't coherent with what are you saying (the ultimate fake alpha male for example).

Hank does this very easy, many would argue about what's his best trait, but to me it's honesty, girls appreciate honesty. Moody has a way with honesty, the girl he's approaching knows his intentions because he openly communicates that he wants her (and women like to be desired) trough smile, confidence and tons of humor, sex isn't taboo and he isn't scared off making her feel uncomfortable. Honest combined with boldness and not being afraid of rejection (and watch how he deals with rejection, it's what this community alludes all the time) makes him the type of guy women will always remember as a person with whom she can feel herself, like a women, waiting to be conquered.

“I don’t just say shit. I mean, I do talk a lot of shit, but I generally mean what I say and I say what I mean.” - Hank Moody

2) Dr. Christian Troy - Never settle for less - Nip/Tuck

I haven't really watched this show to it's end. Because plot lost its ground probably because writers didn't know what to write about anymore. Back to topic. Troy is what some of dudes here would call Alpha male. Now, I won't go into "Alphaness" too much. You, by intuition can figure what it means without reading all the guides on being alpha (which I'll talk about little later on). But if you want to be entertained while you learn, watch Nip/Tuck.
Troy is a plastic surgeon, he fixes all the dudes and the girls with low self esteem and loves what he does, I don't know any plastic surgeon in real life - so far I didn't need one - but you can think they are real "geniuses" when it comes to "human beauty", symmetry, hip to waist ratios and so on.

That might alter he's view on beauty in women, he knows his worth, he only dates 9s and 10s, when he comes to a bar he knows what kind of a drink he'll have, he drives fancy cars and doesn't settle for less than he thinks he deserves. I see way to much guys on this forum being stuck in a relationship with crazy chick who literately sucks the blood of their life, and life is short by the way. They are afraid of loosing the girl they have and thus, tolerating bad behavior because THEY ARE SETTLING FOR LESS, they are fearing of loss, losing the relationship/security this relationship provides. It's fatal mentality and you will be forever miserable.

Apply this new mindset for your job and life too. I've read somewhere in the comment section on youtube (the video was about pick up) where this women felt sorry for every male watching it, saying that how much of a loser you have to be wasting your time on this. I agree with her to some extent, because guys (who I know) who enter pick up are often people who are either still living with their parents, have shitty job, have shitty or no friends, they are not building their career and are expecting women to fall in love with them. My thinking is that, guys (with no grounds/reality to let the girl in) like that are simply settled for much less and are trying to superficially bump their life. Work for it, and never agree with less than you deserve.

"Well, you know what they say, "For every beautiful woman, there's a guy that's tired of screwing her."" - Christian Troy

3) Tommy Gavin - Ordinary Man/Aloofness - Rescue me

I love Gavin, not only because of his Irish temper that makes me laugh. But because he's the closest fictional character to real life human being. It's author and creator Denis Leary was always praised how "realistic" his characters were. Gavin has a regular job, Gavin is a firefigter, Gavin doesn't have a body of Adonis (on the contrary, I don't want to be mean, but even girls who fuck him say he's somewhat ugly), Gavin also never settles for less, Gavin isn't rich and at some point he lived in a apartment the size of jail cell and it smelled bad too. But he still got laid.

While everyone thinks they have to transform themselves and become other persons to attract women (which is impossible) Tommy is type of the guy who doesn't concern himself with what others think about... Well EVERYTHING related to him. There isn't some sticking point I'd like to add because you simply have to see the show yourself. He's like all traits that work on women combined (some less, some more). And if you won't like it, he would tell you too fuck off.

"Broads...it's not enough that you're bangin' 'em like crazy, now you gotta know their names." - Tommy Gavin

4) Don Draper - Definition of Alpha male - Mad Men

There are a lot of posts, topics concerning how, what Alpha male should do, look like, behave in certain situations etc. Although, I don't like having my legs spread wide open while taking a seat in a bar to show dominance, I discovered that tips like that will only make you look like a retard. I'm not saying anything against it, these tips can work, and even I like to read them and learn from them, but to be Alpha, it's not about how you behave, rather its 90% how your brain works and how you feel about yourself.

So, going from that point of view, I see the term alpha more connected to your state of mind, or inner game. Some say fake it till you make, but I've seen in numerous cases where guys who are not socially savy do things they read online only to be ridiculed and laughed at, which results in (you guessed it) even worse state. Learn from Donald, he knows his limits (which is another really good trait) but doesn't let anyone disrespect him, he never settles for less (again this), he enjoys the company of women but never PRIORITIZES THEM, he's bold in his approach (boldness in attraction combined with honesty does equal in sex). Watch Donald.

“I’m living like there’s no tomorrow, because there isn’t one.” Season one, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - Don Draper

5) Tony Soprano - Fuck you - The Sopranos

I still can't believe James Gandolfini passed away. I loved him so much. Rest in piece.
Tony is a FUCKING Alpha male, and you better shut the fuck up if you think otherwise. I really wont get into how moral Tony is, lets put that aside for now. If it really bothers you, imagine I'm talking about Hank Schrader from Breaking Bad because I believe that's his equivalent. I can't really nail specific things I like about Tony the most, other than Don Draper traits, he also possess another things that's extremely important on your way to becoming better man.

If you are new at this, you are thinking that real alpha males are the though ones , the ones that can take a bullet and don't cry. The ones that can't get hurt and the ones who seem like they don't have emotions (Don Draper seems like that most of time watching him). Unlike Don, Tony is having a therapy. The message behind this is not that you should go to therapy also, is simply being honest with your own emotions, your doubts and fears. Keeping negative and potentially dangerous emotions have the tendency to escalate and manifest in a ways of sheer aggressiveness, being harsh to your loved ones, making decisions that can hurt you, and others around you just because you want to seem tough . That's the problem with people new at pick up, they want to seem tough.

You have to keep in mind, that poster on this forum who are experienced "earned" that toughness so their behavior is congruent with themselves, you can't learn it. You can't learn to be alpha, but you can become one. It's like respect, it's not given, it's earned. Usually the hard way. Everything worth fighting for is hard, when things are hard that's where your true toughness comes onto the surface. Watch Tony, watch how he deals with his insecurities, his family, his (emm) "job", and his (eem) "employees".

“All due respect, you got no fucking idea what it's like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other fucking thing. It's too much to deal with almost. And in the end you're completely alone with it all.” - Tony Soprano

Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 pm 
Dedicated Member

Just realized. I probably posted this in wrong section.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I like the Christian Troy Throwback, that was a great show

Single Guy Travel Guides

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
I like the Christian Troy Throwback, that was a great show
Yea, he was a real badass.