Post subject: FR#9: Dealing with AA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:56 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

So last week I finally came back home after being away for the last 7 months. During my time away from home my game went to shits because of lack of targets to pracitce on where I was living. Therefore now that Im home for the summer my goal is to completely revamp my game with my wing and become a solid PUA.

So Friday night was my first oppurtunity to go out and practice gaming with my wing. We decided we were gonna go downtown and game completely sober like the pros do so. I had never gone out gaming completely sober before so I knew that the night was gonna be a challenge but I was ready to face it because I have to if I want to become good at this.

We head to this Irish bar downtown which I had been to only once before. Its a pretty small, and it feels even smaller with tons of people in there. The music isnt too loud so its a good environment for running game. Anyways my wing and I's goal was to open up 10 sets each. But looking back now, sadly 10 sets was to much for us in our first sober attempt. My wing opened up 4 sets with not much success. Mostly he would just open, and eject once he got his response. He couldnt stack forward. Which is obviously a sticking point he'll have to work on.

Me personally I was only able to open 2 sets. As soon as I got in there I started to freeze up. It felt like I was looking for the perfect set to open but it just never seemed to come along. Then I was so worried about lowering my value that I finally opened up a moving 2 set as they were walking past me. I went with the "Text Breakup opener". And the first girl just walked right past giving me a dirty look. The 2nd girl (who wouldve been my target of the 2) hooked to the opener and was listening, but her friend comes back and just grabs my target and pulls her away.

So that didnt really help my confidence much and I pretty much LVed myself over the next little bit just chatting with my wing, cuz he was sorta dealing with AA as well. Finally I grew a pair, and approached a 2 set mediocre broads and opened again with the "Text breakup opener". I hooked one of the girls, and she seemed interested by the opener but the friend looked like she wasnt paying attention at all. So I engaged her with the opener and now I had the set hooked. Only problem was I couldnt stack forward after the opener so I panicked and ejected.

After that me and my wing left. I was pretty disappointed with my night overall because I felt like such an AFC leaving the joint. I read the game just over a year ago so I feel like I should be real good at this stuff, but I havent practiced consistently at all, so I guess you get what you put in. Anyways, the good thing is, this is just the beginning of my PUA journey for this summer, so I have tons of time to practice and improve my game. Hopefully Ill be able to look back at this night and laugh in due time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:47 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

While I am just beginning the game I do know where you mistakes were. First off it doesn't sound like you applied the 3 second rule. The 3 second rule is there to get you over AA. If you walk into a bar/nightclub willing to apply it you will find it much easier dealing with AA. Like you I work sober and AA is always an issue when you are sober.

My plan my first night was nothing more then to open sets. Just open them.

Second thing is, while you call him your wing it doesn't sound like you guys were working together. Maybe you left a lot of that out I don't know. Try feeding off each other for a little while. Force each other to approach.

Final thing. Just keep at it. My first night opening sets I opened a lot but had a hard time forcing myself to do it. This last time opening the sets wasn't as big an issue. It's a progressive thing man. One step at a time.

Post subject: pfft
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

dont worry man. opening up 2 sets is better than opening none. i went out approaching with V1V yesterday and i was too scared to open a lot. i mainly just asked directions and ended up doing about 7 opens in like 4 hours. got 2 conversations goin that went nowhere. its scary as fuck for me. as im sure it is for you. and they call me smooth, dude, the 3 second rule will not get rid of aa. it will enforce it if anything. i dont know anyone who will just approach within 3 seconds of seeing someone. its really not easy, but its good you managed to do some man.

even when V1V tried to push me, i just said no. makes me so scared its unbelievable.

dw man, you got balls. youll get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Shred I disagree. The whole point of the 3 second rule is to keep you from thinking about it. I have AA just like everyone else. I was one of those guys that starred at a woman trying to make eye contact before I even thought about saying something to her.

If you look at my first field report you will see I talked to about 15 women that night. And that was cause I set a goal that I would apply the 3 second rule no matter what. Sure in some cases I completely blew it. I opened the set and had nothing else to say but that was the whole point of that night. Just to open.

Sorry but you will most likely never fully get over AA but the more you open the more comfortable with it you become. If you commit to doing it you will see it gets easier.

Post subject: agh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

why is it so hard. why. men are made to reproduce. why do some people just not have it. i see rejection as a huge risk. i dont wanna be rejected. im too fragile for it and ill get depressed like i always seem to. do i need a therapist haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 am 

You are McLovin damn't! :)

Alright, I'm going to interject because it's Friday and you're likely to head out again. It's time to get fired up man, it's time to get your head on.

First of all, great job on opening. I don't care if you had to eject you had the discipline to open sets and that takes balls. Balls get you far. I agree that the 3 second rule is tough to follow at times, but it does help out a whole lot.

Moving sets are hard for anyone. For these don't move in front of them, stay planted where you are, speak up but don't yell. Open them as they walk past. If the hook they'll walk back to you. Don't move...you're the high value guy.

Someone mentioned working with your wing. Don't do this just yet until you two are fluent in sets by yourself. BUT watch over each other for constructive feedback, and it's your jobs to keep the energy flowing and your attitudes in check. Despite what other stuff says thats really the hardest job of the wing, is keeping the vibe!

Here are some things to keep in mind before next time. Try to do some warm up sets on the street going in. Do about 3, just simple compliments or asking for a the time, or where a place is works well. Get in a talkative state before going out, talk to people who you love to "talk" to. This will also help you approach easier, since you already have some warm up approaches done.

GO ahead and try to find another thing to stack to. Remember to use, so how do you all know each other? This helps create conversation and give you set logistics. After that any DHV story that you have you can tell it at this point. "Oh that reminds me...." Insert story you want.

That should get you a bit further. Right now don't focus on too much but just opening well, your body language, and maybe get some light kino in. That's your main goal right now, anything else is a bonus.

This should get you a hard ass frame of mind. Can you imagine what it'd be like if we treated PUA bootcamps like this? :) ENJOY

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8Nf1MK7lts&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8Nf1MK7lts&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET THE GIRL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:57 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

haha thanks for the advice jsmooth...one question I have though is, how do I maintain value if im hovering around my friend while he runs is set? and how do I do that so its not obvious that im lurking in on the set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:17 am 

Quote:
haha thanks for the advice jsmooth...one question I have though is, how do I maintain value if im hovering around my friend while he runs is set? and how do I do that so its not obvious that im lurking in on the set?
Make small talk with those around you and just basic conversation. I typically open up couples and other guys while doing this. Because I don't care what happens but I want to maintain my social value, and stay in a talkative state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

go to the mall. every HB that passes you by, go up to her and tell her, "i just shit in my pants, can i have my number". ur AA will turn to dust if you do this 30 times. and yes, believe it or not, my friends and i do this stunt on a weekly basis. its good stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
go to the mall. every HB that passes you by, go up to her and tell her, "i just shit in my pants, can i have my number". ur AA will turn to dust if you do this 30 times. and yes, believe it or not, my friends and i do this stunt on a weekly basis. its good stuff
lol love it!

Eyes: brown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Sarging sober? Never heard of it.