PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

N00b here. Just getting into the field, I'm halfway through Strauss' The Game and i'm trying to start gaining field experience; i have practically zero.

Let me begin by saying this is the first field report i've ever written, as well as the first time i've approached a girl i didn't know at all with game in mind. Tips or suggestions are appreciated.

In the lobby of the business building at college i spotted an HB9 sitting in the last chair in a row of chairs along the wall, one AMOG chatting with her to her left. Her and the AMOG were seperated by one chair. I went over and sat to her right on a table next to the row of chairs. I knew what i wanted to say as an opener, but my mind was blank as far as what to say after she was opened. I probably waited a little too long. I noticed the AMOG was running out of things to say, so I said to her, "Do you have change for a five?" She opened her wallet, looked through it and there were only two ones and a twenty. I smiled at her and said, "Oh thats ok, i was just hoping to get my soda fix for the day and these vending machines only take ones." Unexpectedly she offerred to give me a dollar, i refused. Again she extended an offer of two quarters she found in the bottom of her wallet. I accepted this time. Note to self: I dont think that was a good pickup line, although it served its purpose.

I asked her to watch my things for me i had on the table there while i went to go get a drink, and told her i would be right back. I came back from the vending machines around the corner 30 seconds later with my drink. I gave her back the quarter i hadn't used and said thanks... or i think i did anyway. I noticed she had some paperwork from a class i was in, and asked her if she was in the same class. She was, but i had moved the discussion to a logical and boring topic; i was failing. We talked about the professor's style of teaching and the exam coming up on Friday, how we planned to study for it, etc. A buddy of mine walked by, he's a natural, and looks the part. I acknowledged him momentarily and then refocused my attention on the HB9.

I needed to neg her but i couldn't bring myself to do it... i could have said, "Your glasses make you look so studious," it would have been so easy, but i just couldn't do it... STICKING POINT i thought. As soon as the thought crossed my mind i was nervous. Oops. At that moment she saw an acqaintence of some sort sitting behind me on the table i had staked my claim on. She looked past me and said, "I didn't see you there, why didn't you say anything?" I was blown out. The HB9 left with a, "It was nice talking to you!" I smiled and replied, "Same."

A week ago i would have not even glanced at the HB a second time as i walked by. Plus i got my Mountain Dew lol. I think once i came back from the machines that i should have said something better like, "I try to stay away from this soda crap, but the caffiene is addictive!"
Apparently she is in the same HR class as i am earlier in the day, and my two group partners for that class are both HB9's, so if i talk to her again thats social proof at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Not bad dude. You did a great job with that. It's a good thing that you're running you're mind through what you could have and should have said too. It makes it so next time you're in a situation like that it'll be easier to push yourself.

As for what may come next. Well, you're more then likely going to see her again, so if you are feeling up to it, and the opp. comes up to talk to her again, approach her and give her back her quarter to open her again. Say somethin like, "I didnt want you to think you were my sugar momma or anything like that." I dunno, just an idea. Keep it up though, cause as you said, as long as you stay on good terms with her, and talk to her every now and then, you'll have some social proof with the other girls you are talking to.