PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm have just become single, and picked up the book "The Mystery Method" and i'm about half way through it. I was skeptical at first, but this book has instantly improved my social life by ten fold. I went from being a wallflower to the life of the party in a matter of days. No lays yet, but thats fine with me, i know i have a lot of work to do before i get to that point.

I actually work in my "field," i run the sound board for the bands. the live music portion of the night lasts until about 10 and is then followed by the regular dance club nights until 1 or 2 depending on the day of the week.

So wednesday night, me and my boss do our thing, we make sure the bands end on time, we pack up the stage, and i decide to stay for "fetish night" (lol, just use your imagination).

I'm in the back office and my boss hands me two drink tickets... "i can't, i'm driving home tonight" "...dude, give them to chicks, numbnuts!" I took the tickets, grinned, and off i went to test out my game. With my head held high and a smile on my face, i make an entrance as i leave the office, i guess you could say that was DHV, considering only the staff and vips can go in the office. I made sure that i wasn't staring at the floor, that i was holding my bottle of water low below my waste instead of at my chest like a "sheild," and that i didn't stay still for too long, or hug the wall.

My looks were drawing alot of attention. I have a black mohawk thats about 2 inches tall, and professionally cut. i had just visited the salon that day, so my facial hair was lined up as well. i was wearing a black suit jacket, a pin striped dress shirt, a black tie, skinny black jeans with zippers all over them, and my burgundy/black combat boots. i can say in confidence that i was better dressed than about 90% of the dudes there... the straight ones atleast, lol

The drink tickets turned out to be a good idea and a bad idea, more on that later.

I decide to head outside for a bit, i end up talking to this girl i knew from a couple years back who was friends with the band that played earlier that night. In mid conversation, Eyeluvurhawk taps me on the shoulder "i love your hair!" i wasn't very interested in her, but i decided to try opening a practice set. i more or less shrugged her off with "oh, thanks" and continued my conversation. after a brief pause, i turn my head over to the Eyeluvurhawk and say "i have a challenge for you, and if you win, you'll get a prize, you down?" she accepts. The prize was one of the drink tickets but i had absolutely no intentions of giving them to her, so i decided to confuse her as much as possible so she wouldn't answer it correctly. "tell me how many times the number 9 appears between 1 and 100 in 10 seconds and you get the prize" i start counting down, and throwing in little negs to confuse her. "come on, everyone else got it right away!" "you're not even trying"
she doesn't answer in time, i explain that there are 20 9's between 1 and 100. i take out one of the tickets and rub it in her face (metaphorically speaking) and tease her about it. i think i was a little too harsh but hey, she was following me around the rest of the night ;).

In that instance, the drink ticket was a good idea. i didn't reveil that i had a drink ticket, only that i had a prize. when i whipped it out(real slick out of my coat pocket), it was definitely a DHV to her, and to anyone outside who was paying attention. Later in my post, i'll explain how the drink ticket also caused some problems

My hands get cold and i head inside towards the main bar. on the way in, i bump into an old friend of mine who i will reffer to as Ish. i've known Ish probably since i was 14, and i've ALWAYS wanted her... very badly. i didn't try to game her, i will when i have built more social proof, considering she knew me back when i was a geek, and she's very popular at this club. She greets me with a hug, and i notice that she was wearing a belly shirt. Remember my cold hands? i press my hand on her stomach and she squeels. "THATS SO FUCKING COLD!" i laughed at her and said "that was me sucking your soul out of your body." she giggled, and i continued my way to the bar.

I reach the bar, and i'm greeted with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek by Shayna, the club owner's girlfriend. she's older than me by about 15 years, but she's a definite HB10. My boss walks by and says to her "we need to help him get laid!" so Shayna decides to be my wingman... or winggirl...?

We get into a small group with some of her friends and we start talking and joking around. she would periodically touch me, or put her arm around me, to draw attention from other girls. it worked! i noticed a group of 3 in the corner of my eye, an HB6 and two HB8's. one of the HB8's, who i will reffer to as Specs, was a short blond girl, who was TOTALLY my type, she was dressed very cute, and had black framed glasses... she had this whole punk-rock school girl thing going on, ME LIKEY. They're making it obvious that they want my attention by pointing at me, whispering to each other, and giggling.

Shayna notices too, and she gives me the "go ahead" look. i walk right up to them, and i opened with the "I have a challenge for you" bit. They accept the challenge. HERES WHERE THE DRINK TICKETS BACKFIRED.... I THINK. Specs (my target) is to my left, HB8 is in the middle, and HB6 is to my right. I focus my attention on HB8 and HB6, while throwing playful negs at Specs. They were very persistant in getting me to tell me what the prize is before i gave them the quiz. i admit that the prize is a few drink tickets that are good for free beer, wine coolers, and small mixed drinks (rum and coke, jack and coke, etc.). I shoot the question at them, and like before, i start counting down very loud, and throwing in confusing negs in between "come on! you can do it, i believe in you... maybe" "i thought girls with glasses were suppose to be smart" and finally with "whats wrong with you bitches?! those drinks are going to your head... you know what, if you can't answer the question, i'll find someone who will." (i said that in the most non-threatening way possible)

I spin around and head for the door, i had every intention of walking outside and shooting the shit with the door guys for a while... and they take the bait, it was right out of the book, and it worked like magic. Specs grabs my arm and says "nooooooo, come on, give us more time" i give them 10 more seconds, and they still didnt get it. i explain to them the answer. "ooooooooooooooooooh, we forgot to count the 90's." Some guy comes over and asks HB6 to dance with him, thankyou Mr.Unintentional wingman ;). Specs and HB8 look kind of dissapointed, so i take out the two tickets and stuff them down HB8's shirt, lol. I ask them how they know each other, they ask me my name, blah blah blah. i joke around with them a bit, They tell me that they love my outfit, and that i'm very hot. i appologize, "i know! i'm sorry, being hot is a problem i've had to deal with my entire life" or something to that effect. they laugh. i throw another FTC at them, and run over to Shayna, she puts her arms around me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, right infront of Specs and HB8, i look over my shoulder and they are walking away akwardly. i hope i didn't drive them away by doing that but, the night was still young.

i would periodically approach Specs and HB8, i told them some dirty jokes, and stories. I even grabbed Specs hand and took her on the dance floor a bunch of times, and i NEVER dance, nevermind ask a girl to dance with me. she was grinding up on me very hard, but i kept my cool, i kept the kino to a reasonable level.

Now, heres my delemna, I kind of think that Specs and HB8 were trying to get freebies from all the AFC's. i noticed them flirting and dancing with dudes who had no game what so ever, so they could bumb cigarrettes, get lighs, and get them to buy drinks. they were definitely using them, but i can't tell if they were using me. I think because i gave them the drink tickets even though they didn't earn them, that i more or less negged myself.

but here's why i'm not sure

Specs would:
-Touch me and give me hugs
-She laughed at my jokes
-She looked me in the eyes
-Made eye contact with me from across the room

Specs wouldn't:
-Initiate any conversations
-Keep a conversation going if it died
-Return to me if she left to use the bathroom

I asked her for her number once, she smiled and said "911 BITCH!" i said "ouch..." later on, i was dancing with her for the last song. the lights came on and everyone started to leave. HB8 was with her. i said "so are you going to turn me down again or what?" and i handed her my phone. she smiled at me, she looked like she kind of wanted to, and then she turned and made some kind of psychic connection with HB8, then she said "how bout i see you here next week?" i smiled and i said "ok cool, have a good night"

So, do you think i was being manipulated by them?

Or did i not build enough comfort before asking for her number?

What should i do next time i run into them? i'm thinking of more or less freezing them out and acting... not uninterested but less interested than i was wednesday.

also,

can enough jealousy cause hurt feelings, and drive potential targets away?

Thanks
-HiLo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I'd test her.

"You're totally using me to get free drinks"
Get her to qualify herself. And ignore her a bit. i.e. talk with other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

did you have her isolated when you asked for her number? Cause girls are less likely to give out their numbers infront of all their friends
Its crazy I was at the club the other night and this girl wrote down her number on a sheet of paper and gave it to me and her friend saw this happening and said oh my gosh brandy what are you doing. So they cock-block and ridicule each other constantly about this stuff. Even if the girl thinks your hot and wants you to have her number, she might be hesitant to do it in front of her friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

the first time i asked her, i did. the second time it was in front of her friend.