PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:16 am 
Dedicated Member

I got pretty. I look damned fine in a new red shirt and some awesome black jeans picked up at the International Clothier's 80% off Boxing Week sale. My nails are freshly painted. I'm wearing my fish necklace, and my bone ring, and my heart-covered bracelet. And yet it is 10:00 on New Years Eve, and I am at a computer writing a field report.

I went out. Come 8:00, on the button, I was out the door and standing at Chapters. The store was closed, but I figured people might not have caught my post in the Canada forum and shown up anyway. I stood for fifteen minutes to various looks of confusion (I was wearing my horns), and then moved on the The One. The One was requesting I pay them $40 for entrance. I don't pay $40 for shoes.

At half that price, I got into Bar Wild and proceeded to have the most incredibly dull night I've had since I started pick-up. I've been on a break recently. I've apparently glorified the memory of excitement from my earlier career, because I'd forgotten the utter tedium that comes of waiting for a party to start. I'd gotten in early; I expected it to be a bit slow, but come on people. It's fucking New Years.

Anyway, because the cover fee stole all my drinking money, all I could afford was pop. So I sucked back on some pop and saw a three set walk in. I figured I'd give them some time before I approached; let them get settled first. They were the first women in the bar. To approach them immediately would make me look like a vulture. Not cool at all.

So I waited some more as Bar Wild became a huge sausage fest. A couple of mixed sets walked in. Nothing to write home about. And then a pretty two set came into proximity, an 8 and a 9, and I felt obliged to open them.

I can't remember what was said. I can't remember if I'd used any routines or not. I honestly did not care where that interaction went. All I cared about was that I had spent $20 on a night of sitting by myself drinking pop.

It's not even that my frame was bad. The interaction had a great vibe. I started strong. I opened the obstacle, and then the target got defensive (I thought that was cute, the target coming to the obstacle's rescue like that), and where I saw a perfect chance for recovery, I just... Left. I didn't care.

Maybe this is strange, but I would much rather have sat with Mocha and Shaft all night than approached even that single set. There's no excitement in the chase for me. I don't get butterflies when I think about approaching a beautiful woman. I get butterflies when I think about approaching a beautiful woman with my friends to back me up.

I used to like flying solo. It's been a long time since I've had to, with a steady wing and a terrific pivot within driving distance. I've stopped wanting to. When I was looking forward to tonight, it was for hanging out with you guys (whoever wanted to come out). It wasn't for picking up random chicks in a bar.

I don't think I'll be flying solo anymore. I'd rather hang out with my friends and enjoy an occasional interaction than have a bunch of meaningless interactions with no friends in sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:50 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Wow I feel bad for my truck crapping out. Well, not really because all I did was sit in my room and play NHL2K7 and didn't even bother counting down. I wasn't out with friends as they all were either with their gfs or out at some party that I didn't know about. So Happy New Years Money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:51 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

hey guys, i understand that u guys are old hand at this = so trying not to come of as pedantic, but i think that that is good if you would prefer to spend time wi ur mates than go out an sarge all the time. I really dnt wanna let it take over and it sounds like you havnt either so gd gd.
but because you missed out on new years then it jus gives u an excuse to party all the time this yr, E.G you missed out on 1 nite so u make up wi loads of other nites, alls good dudes.

-peace-