Ok so today I worked with a girl that was drop dead gorgeous and brilliant personality. Or maybe her looks swayed my opinion?
Any way the reason I liked her, 1. played guitar, 2. had depth of character, 3. Open-minded 4. Good fun, very outgoing.
So this how it starts, I woke up with memories of some decent girls I've let slip in the past, especially one last time I did this exam invigilating job I occasionally do. Anyway I go to this exam invigilation job, and she gets selected to go into a different hall, and the member of staff asked for a volunteer to go with her, without a hesitation I said "I'll go." Leaving all the gawping chodes behind, there's was no way I was letting this one get away after that morning thought.
So we get chatting a little, we have to whisper because obviously it's an exam, and she seems pretty interested in me in general not sexually yet - although I was dressed up with trousers and tie etc, so I looked pretty good. So some of the things I found out about her, she's an actor and writer, she loves soul music and acoustic guitar music (such as Bon Iver). To be honest she was asking me a lot of questions, about myself, where I've worked etc.
- Here I could have suggested taking her to a blues music place near me, she would love it.
So anyway, lunch comes around and she's like what do you do for lunch, cafeteria etc? And the westfield shopping centre is just down the road, so I told I was heading there as I needed to grab some bits (genuinely did) and invited her to join me. We head down on the bus, and she express an interest in working with autistic children and I have had 7 months of that so she quizzes me about that and I share with her what to expect and recommend a place to work. Anyway we get to the shopping centre and head into a cafe and grab some food, and this is where the conversation gets deep and I feel she's clearly sizing me up here, she asks questions on:
- Last films seen at the cinema, then my favourite films, and as I discuss it I feel emotions in myself twitch, gamed myself here lol. So by how that made me feel I ask back the same question, what's the last film you watched that really made you feel? I described a movie night I have with my friends where we watch bad films and get drunk like Mega Piranha (less than 3 stars on IMDB).
- We then discuss places we've visited in London, and she expresses a love for Hampstead Heath (big park with 4 natural Lidos in). I had another place come to mind here of where to take her, I didn't suggest it.
- My political stance, who I'm voting for. I was honest about this our views were somewhat similar.
I then go and grab the bits I need from a shop Boots to be precise, you know cosmetics, deodorant, skin creams etc, basically products
After lunch we went back to work, and it was great to be with her for the afternoon again. She then quizzed me a lot on Psychology and the areas of work, her sister wants to get into sexual health psychiatry after training as a doctor and she was asking all about this. This was general chit chat anyway, she had to go at 3.30 to go and teach guitar lessons, and I had to stay late to let 2 students finish an exam at 3.50 who were allowed extra time. So just before she heads out she was like do you have Facebook? I was like yeah let me give you my number instead there's like 2000 people with my name, (genuinely there is), so you'll never find me - so I put my number in her phone and she gives me a missed call. Then as she heads out she gives me the biggest hug in front of all the students, and heads out then wishes she'll hope to work with me again soon.
So then I text her a bit later on at 6:45pm
"I am STILL here. It's all your fault! x"
In hindsight I should have said nothing back or used her language and teased her more. "Govna!? Since when are we playing cops and robbers? You'll never catch me x" something like that.
That last text.. no response it's now 11pm, this happens all the time, I kind of fuck it up.
I've some plans if she doesn't text back.
- We spoke about food and I told her I cook the best Thai curry in north London, so I will text her a picture of my thai curry lunch and the words "my lunch beats up your lunch" she seems to love acting stupid, so I'll help her act that out.
- We get paid by the hour for this job, so the 30 mins I "took" off of her, indirectly ask her out for a coffee with that money
To be honest, I just want a genuine day 2 with this girl, I know that if she didn't leave early we would have hung out after work probably gone for a drink or something. This is the deepest most authentic connection I've felt with a girl in a while, probably because of the amount of time spent with her today - I genuinely feel like I've gamed myself? As always, prepared to fuck it up to gain perspective and learn from it.
This may sound like I was chasing, but the whole time I wanted her to prove to me shit wasn't batshit crazy, all the girls I've met recently have indulged in way too much make up, fake tan and their personalities are so sketchy. She proved against a lot of that today, I had ample opportunities to ask her out, I really should have got her number at lunch, it was a risk because there was a chance we wouldn't have been together that afternoon, luckily things were in my favour this time.
What I want to do:
- Kiss her a lot, and be close to her
- Take her to hampstead heath or the other place I know that's good for a day 2. Reasonably near her.
- Take her to that blues bar dance with her, then take her home.
- Thank her for making my day amazing, made the most boring job enjoyable.