Post subject: My Journey- JapethOfEver
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi,

I'm 19 years old from New York City. I'd like to get into pick up so I can escape the dreadful whipped relationships that I see plenty of guys in. I basically have little to no game at this point LOL, and have gotten a few girlfriends and some dates over the past few years by luck, friendships, and fairly good looks. I just got broken up with by my first long term girlfriend and I'll be honest, I was devastated. I never want anything like that to happen again.

So here's my journey:

I hope you guys give me advice along the way and help me out. Tomorrow I'm going to try some day game. Wish me luck.

Last edited by JapethofEver on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:36 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Dude , i'm gonna tell you something i wish someone told me when i started all this PUA BS...

*Just look good and talk to girls...

That's the simple formula to fucking alot of girls , we all know the guys in our lives who do , basically just do this, if you want things more specific:

*Get a sexy body with current sexy form fitting clothes.
*The right hairstyle
*Confidence
*Work on your own money

Don't worry about confidence , you'll get it as you get more girls and money. Don't worry about this BS PUA routines and and pickup lines, been there , wasted ALOT of time, girls can pick up this pickup monkey charade...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

^^ some truth in that post.

Here is my take, I was in the same spot as you, ended a 2.5 year relationship and wanted to get my confidence back by sleeping with new women. I never really had touble meeing girls however, I was getting into Tinder and online/txt was new to me I was clieless. I got some basic advise from a friend, then learned some txting pua techniques and was able to land three lays in two weeks.

Now that helped to get the confidence back and what I realised I was already doing alot of pua stuff naturally. The very little pua material I read confirmed just that, and helped me to adjust my style a little.

I closed Timder after 4 weeks, as my life priorities shifted and I got tired of having new girls every week. I prefer to have a steady girl on the go, I am seeing three different girls SPAM but really just want one of them to be serious with.

Moral of the story is that read the pua material, it is helpful but dont make a reliogion out of it. Like previous post said, trust yourself, make yourself look good and start talking. Also talk to randmon people, try to make connections everywhere you go, have fun and the girls/sex will follow naturally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:04 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

^^ bravo!

Just work on BUILDING yourself in short , whilst consistently hitting on girls , you'll get laid don't worry. My issue with this PUA stuff is that you DONT BUILD YOURSELF.

You constantly spam approaching using lines and routines and what not , after so many "sets" ( hate these terms tbh but whatever..) you'll get laid. Then you rinse and repeat again and again.

What if you become goodlooking with an awesome lifestyle where you are naturally meeting a lot of girls and you approach as part of an OVERALL lifestyle? You'd look sexier , you'd have more friends, more hobbies, more money , more GIRLS. Ironic isn't it?

Don't buy into this "pure cold approach pickup god guy" or whatever. These guys have no life outside of it.

The lifestyle playboy is a lot more fulfilling and longer lasting , look at Hugh Hefner , Leonardo Dicaprio and all these older celebs who still are surrounded by a lot of women. They built there lives to be like that.

Not via spam approach pickup monkey method...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Guys, quick update:

-Pick up is hard (albeit simple) and nerve racking!
-First day I went out and only had the nerves to approach one girl, didn't get the # or anything
-Few days past, couldn't find a wing - had a few back and forths with friends on whether or not pickup is real (idk about mystery type of crazy game, but going up to an attractive girl and being cool and fun and having social skills is real). My friend that I went out with the first day is on vacation. The rest won't really try it. Spent a few days just watching videos and learning.
-Went out by myself, got a solid number and hungout with this college girl and invited her and a few friends out drinking with me and my friends that night. The girl and her friends didn't stay long for the party, and I never kissed her. I think she started to be more attracted to my friend at some point. Me and the girl said we'd make plans some other time, but idk how solid this is. Will update later, hopefully.

Some things/tricks I have picked up:
-You can make assumptions about girls to make conversations better. Ex:

"You look like you're fun but you have a nerdy side"
this makes having conversations a lot less awkward and more fun in my opinion.

I watch attract women subliminal videos before I go out and this increases my confidences.

I am trying to talk to everyone to get comfortable. This works well, and I've actually had a lot of great conversations lately with random people, like on subways and stuff. I sometimes ask for directions even if I know where I'm going, compliment people on their products or clothing, etc. This is a good confidence booster.

Some videos that have helped me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18261mxss3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9pDfwsaOJI

P.S: I love RSD. It seems very genuine and fun. Learned a lot from Max, Todd, and Madison.

Hey guys, check out my pick up/life improvement journal. I post tips/tricks I've learned and videos that I like and my process as I go along. I'd love advice from you guys, and you guys can learn from my mistakes and successes as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:28 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Dude , i'm gonna tell you something i wish someone told me when i started all this PUA BS...

That's the simple formula to fucking alot of girls , we all know the guys in our lives who do , basically just do this, if you want things more specific:

*The right hairstyle
*Confidence
*Work on your own money

Don't worry about confidence , you'll get it as you get more girls and money. Don't worry about this BS PUA routines and and pickup lines, been there , wasted ALOT of time, girls can pick up this pickup monkey charade...

Some of those things you listed are also bs. I have games girls 20 pounds overweight and have been fine. Oh don't need a sexy body but if Op likes working out then do so. Don't go to the gym just for a "sexy body" go to the gym because you want to.

As for money. Also a myth. Telling people that they need to have money to get chicks and confidence is also bullshit. If you take away the money does that mean confidence and the girls go along with it ? OP , make money for yourself, not for chicks. Many guys take the route of a profession to make lots of money thinking it will get them chicks. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You still have to know how to talk to women at the end of your job shift. And you waste your prime years in school and studying for a profession that you only want to study because of its status rather than passion such as a doctor etc.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:

*The right hairstyle
*Confidence
*Work on your own money

Some of those things you listed are also bs. I have games girls 20 pounds overweight and have been fine. Oh don't need a sexy body but if Op likes working out then do so. Don't go to the gym just for a "sexy body" go to the gym because you want to.

As for money. Also a myth. Telling people that they need to have money to get chicks and confidence is also bullshit. If you take away the money does that mean confidence and the girls go along with it ? OP , make money for yourself, not for chicks. Many guys take the route of a profession to make lots of money thinking it will get them chicks. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You still have to know how to talk to women at the end of your job shift. And you waste your prime years in school and studying for a profession that you only want to study because of its status rather than passion such as a doctor etc.

Totally agree. I hate when people call PUA bs. What's bs about a community of guys developing their confidence, talking to more girls, going out more, and being more intent-ful in their interactions rather than being passive and pretending you want to be friends? Nothing.

I just want to go out more, talk to more girls (even statistically if I had 0 game, this would increase my chances of getting laid), show intent, and work on myself. I don't know why so many people are hellbent on telling people who want to improve their lives that they can only do so with money or height (I know guys who are shorter and poorer that date more women). They will find any excuse to disqualify pickup, if it's not that "this guy has money that's why he dates women" or "this guy it's goodlooking" it's "he got lucky" or some other bs.

Sure idk if the fancy MysteryMethod type of pickup is real, but I don't really intend to do that.

But going up to a girl, telling her you find her attractive and being fun and interesting and inviting her out, and doing that a lot of times with different girls in order to get more results. That's real.

Hey guys, check out my pick up/life improvement journal. I post tips/tricks I've learned and videos that I like and my process as I go along. I'd love advice from you guys, and you guys can learn from my mistakes and successes as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:

*The right hairstyle
*Confidence
*Work on your own money

I don't think your necessarily wrong, but I would definitely reword some of this. Needless to say having this mindset puts you in the victimized mindset which is definitely not something you want to have; it's very hindering. But its also important to realize WHY girls may like guys who look good and have good bods.

BUT, having a good bod and looking DOES NOT mean you'll have good game. I know a lot of guys like this. A large part of it is having good style, inner game, confidence, leadership. I would advise anyone to look PUAs from The Natural Lifestyles (James Marshall, Liam Mcrae, etc.) The focus a lot on this stuff. Wishing you the best on your journey OP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:38 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
They will find any excuse to disqualify pickup, if it's not that "this guy has money that's why he dates women" or "this guy it's goodlooking" it's "he got lucky" or some other bs.

Oh you're definitely going to get a lot rationalizations from other people as to why you're successful. It's how people stay stuck in their mindsets.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Update 8/20/16:

- Got a number of this gorgeous Asian Dunkin Donuts donuts worker who said she had a boyfriend but later texted me and seemed interested. Will update.
- Went to a small birthday party and made a good impression on the single girls there, though they weren't really cute. One girl seemed really interested, and even though she's not cute I might try to hookup with her if I'm really horny because I have been doing no fap (lost track of days but I think it's been a couple weeks).
- Went to a school leadership meeting and exchanged facebooks with a few cute girls, probably not going to do anything about this (my college is fairly small so it's risky to "sh*t where I sleep" metaphorically haha) and keep them as social proof.
- Started talking to this beautiful local actress through facebook, trying to get a meetup soon. Will update later
- Went out and had huuge approach anxiety to the point where I could hardly approach sets even to warmup and ask for directions or the time. Went to a coffee shop to calm down and get a bit out of my head. Then did a few successful approaches. Got a few cute girls numbers that seem fairly solid. A very hot bartender a few years older (had to lie about my age since I'm only 19 haha), a cute black college girl, and a kind of cute South Asian/Bengali girl. Will update on how these are going later.

Updates as promised from last time:
- Invited that college girl ( from my July 19th post) out a few times and not much reciprocation. Probably not going to text her again for awhile.

Some things/tricks I have picked up:
- Warm up sets help decrease approach anxiety.
- Idk if this is because of me watching the subliminal affirmations videos, but I think my approach anxiety might've got worse maybe because of that. This could be like one of those drug things where you need to do (or in this case watch) more and more to get the same effect or this could just be correlation rather than causation. May stop watching them and see how my approach anxiety is.
- After the first good approach, building off that momentum and doing more approaches soon after is fun and makes approach anxiety less.

Some videos that have helped me:
- This channel is really nice and helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3oNy ... YAw/videos

The main guy, Bijan (it's really nice to see a brown coach because I'm a South Asian who grew up in America too), from the channel advertises a service called Zirby, which gives pick up advice through text and I recently started using it and I highly recommend it. I bought the cheaper subscription which is like $12/ a month and I like it so far.

Here's a cool facebook page where guys give eachother advice and ask questions and stuff that's from Bijan's channel:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121203281632432/

Some Kind of/but not really pick up related things:
- A really close friend got mad at me for trying to get him into pick up (he doesn't believe in it) and we're not too close anymore.
- I need to fix my spending habits, so I'm now recording my spending.
- Got a new job (I used to just tutor, so that was a too irregular income and didn't earn me enough)
- Almost completely stopped watching Television shows, and instead use that time to watch pick up videos or learn and do some computer coding/programming -HTML/CSS/JQUERY (I'm an information systems major).
- Doing Nofap and so far so good, but getting hornier. May hit up that not cute girl from the party just for an easy hookup.