Post subject: Re: Dating Profiles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Whoever said smiling in a profile pic shows weakness is wrong. Smiling is not needy or weak. It shows a sense of self-contentment and self-amusement.
There is a reason I say this. In body language, a smile projects submission. That's not me saying it, it's an anthropological fact. If you are in a picture with your friends smiling and laughing...you're capable of having a good time. If you are smiling into the camera alone, you're sending the message that you are submissive and you're ready to submit to the person looking at the picture.

Take a look at pictures of male models. Most of the time, they do not smile. And even if they do smile, it's very slight and not showing any teeth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:06 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thank you for all the replies... I am going to try to take your suggestions and add them to my profile as soon as I can... I will post when it is updated..

THANKS A TON! ESPECAILLY FOR JOINING THE SITE JUST TO POST ON THIS!! REALLY HELPS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:24 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
There is a reason I say this. In body language, a smile projects submission. That's not me saying it, it's an anthropological fact. If you are in a picture with your friends smiling and laughing...you're capable of having a good time. If you are smiling into the camera alone, you're sending the message that you are submissive and you're ready to submit to the person looking at the picture.

Take a look at pictures of male models. Most of the time, they do not smile. And even if they do smile, it's very slight and not showing any teeth.
Saw this article the other day. Tabloid, I know, but still interesting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ccess.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:36 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:

Saw this article the other day. Tabloid, I know, but still interesting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ccess.html
Tabloid or not...it contains some good percentages to take into account.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:58 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Great article... Does anyone else think shaving my head is going to get me better responses?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:03 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Great article... Does anyone else think shaving my head is going to get me better responses?
Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:17 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Yes.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:01 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
To the OP, I'm gonna be blunt here. You need to accept that you've gone bald. Your days of having hair are over, so mourn the loss and wet-shave it all off. You will look 5 years younger. Trust me. Keep your beard/stubble. The good news is, your face is still young and fresh, with good teeth. Your fashion sense however, is stuck in 1993. Ditch all your baggy clothes and get fitted clothes, with open shirts, vests, anything which bares your chest. Tight clothes are generally good. Your posture needs to be less defensive and more open / relaxed. You need more shots of you doing interesting shit with other people, preferably outside. A music festival, on the beach, on stage, surfing, basically anything which is outdoors, apart from rock climbing which is for douches from San Francisco.

Whoever said smiling in a profile pic shows weakness is wrong. Smiling is not needy or weak. It shows a sense of self-contentment and self-amusement. A guy who can relax and not be so serious. A guy who women will feel comfortable around. Don't have a goofy smile on every pic, but a relaxed smile on at least half your pics is a good balance.

Worst possible pic you could take: Selfie in the mirror. This is a girls thing. It's not for guys. It's not even cool when girls do it!
With all of the fashion advice, is there anywhere you recommend shopping?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:42 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Measure your chest and waist size with a tape measure. Get a friend or tailor to do it if need be. I buy most of my vests from eBay shops or Amazon (UK or cheap imports from Korea or Italy). If you're not comfortable wearing vests, go for low cut t-shirts or v-neck t-shirts. Doesn't make a difference if you have a hairy or hairless chest, as long as your chest is on show. If you're self conscious about your body, hit the gym. If it's cold, lots of thin layers is more stylish than fewer thick layers. Many thin layers will keep you warmer too.

Buy a big shiny belt buckle to attract attention to your crotch.

I'm thrifty so I also tend to cut up old baggy XL t-shirts and recycle them into tight vests. Watch Adam Saaks doing something similar on girls' Ed Hardy shirts on YouTube. I do a less girly version of that with my old shirts.

Clothes to avoid: Anything baggy is bad, jogger bottoms, shorts (unless you're on holiday or on beach), polo necks, woollen jumpers, flip flops, golf hats, fisherman's hats, cardigans, duffle coats. Basically anything your dad would wear or anything which makes you look fat. Never wear shades at night.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Measure your chest and waist size with a tape measure. Get a friend or tailor to do it if need be. I buy most of my vests from eBay shops or Amazon (UK or cheap imports from Korea or Italy). If you're not comfortable wearing vests, go for low cut t-shirts or v-neck t-shirts. Doesn't make a difference if you have a hairy or hairless chest, as long as your chest is on show. If you're self conscious about your body, hit the gym. If it's cold, lots of thin layers is more stylish than fewer thick layers. Many thin layers will keep you warmer too.

Buy a big shiny belt buckle to attract attention to your crotch.

I'm thrifty so I also tend to cut up old baggy XL t-shirts and recycle them into tight vests. Watch Adam Saaks doing something similar on girls' Ed Hardy shirts on YouTube. I do a less girly version of that with my old shirts.

Clothes to avoid: Anything baggy is bad, jogger bottoms, shorts (unless you're on holiday or on beach), polo necks, woollen jumpers, flip flops, golf hats, fisherman's hats, cardigans, duffle coats. Basically anything your dad would wear or anything which makes you look fat. Never wear shades at night.

Are you from the UK by any chance?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:52 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks everyone. I took most of your suggestions and put them in my profile. I've been getting much better responses, so thanks for all the input.

One issue is I never can get pictures of me in public places or doing stuff. Still working on that one.