PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

So I read David DeAngelo's book and I have major trouble with one thing: being funny. I mean it just requires so much creativity and the ability to say something in almost any situation to make them laugh. I just suck at that, but I'm very good at negging and all.

I mean that's what sucks...girls are serious around me because I can neg but I can never make them laugh.

Advice please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:16 am 
Mr. Nemo

You can't neg nor be cocky properly without being funny, because otherwise your delivery will be messed up. Stop thinking about being funny so much. It really does not require that much creativity. If you really need help at being funny, watch stand up comedy. 90% of what those guys say is made up on the spot. They only remember 10 or so lines/routines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:31 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

thats right. Watch stand up comedy, or sitcoms involving lots of social interactions to give you some social and humoristic creativity, some tips:

Friends (puke alert)
Seinfeld
Two and a half men (classic cocky funny character

You can also read comic funny strips or comic literature.

try watchin a show before sarging. Try using the show sometimes after an opener to transgress. Won't get you anywhere, but you can test your sense of humour and see how the targets react.

For instance

Buc:: hi
HBtarget: hi
Buc; blabla
HBtarget: blabla
Buc: hah!, just before I went here I watched tow and a half men. Charlie had just made love to a women. When she was standing in the door she said: CHarlie... I think I love you (RE-ENACT THE ROLES PLAYED IN THE SHOW, MIMICS AND ALL!), and Charlie just said: "thank you" and he slammed the door". Haha, this had me rolling over the floor and gasping for breath!
HBtarget: what the poor thing!/you basterd!/ fuck off, you're spitting in my drink/ you're cute/ 'haha I love that show!
Bucc: bla transgress further bla

You see...? easy! ;-)

greetz Buccaneer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Tell me how long it takes you to answer these questions:

- What's a baby cow called?
- In what country would you find a lot of kangaroos?
- What color is the sky?
- When is your birthday?
- What do you say after someone says "Thank you"?

Surely you can answer all of these immediately, without hesitation. It's because you have a memorized, preconditioned answer already prepared in your head.

That's how it works with many things. In martial arts for example.. you learn moves and combinations, and practice them until you can do complicated sequences under pressure, without thinking, and without hesitation. Then you apply them to particular situations that you learn to recognize instantly, again through years of training.

I'm not terribly funny either, but here's what I'm doing for my humor: I'm scouring the internet, sitcoms, anything I can get my hands on, for funny bits that I can use. I make notes of the good stuff, and then later I review them so that I can condition myself to apply them on-the-fly.

Like for example, if someone says something about calories or weight loss, I can say"Hey did you know, studies show that banging your head against the wall burns 150 calories per hour". Adam Armstrong has a line where if someone mentions a musician or singer, he says "Yeah I know that guy, he used to work for the deaf children's choir didn't he"?

I still need to work on my delivery though.. if anyone has any tips for that I'd be happy to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

wanna know something ive realised, though life not just pua'ing

funny isnt hard, trying to be is. women either have a really easy sense of humour or its just that they're attracted to you and they want to laugh at what you said to please you.

really, all the girls ive gamed in my college for practice (usually the easiest ones as you really dont care) just ,laugh at everything.

sometimes i just say "hey hows it going" and they laugh and tell me they love me, shame she's so annoying.

tell her she's evil, or call her girl number 1 and her friend muhammed. Say that you're crazy(in an over exagerated way) and grab her shoulders, bring her in and hug her.

as long as you're not trying to impress just having youre own fun, s'all good!
JUST NEVER DO COCKY/FUNNY COMEBACKS or retorts, this is REACTIVE and that means either a) you were secretely offended to some extent and trying to establish your 'alpha' role.

or b) you're just playing into their hands jumping through their hoops and frames

being funny/playful is only needed until you get kino escalation and compliances ecs going any (a few minutes) anyone can be funny for a few minutes.