Post subject: Fitness
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:21 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Can someone with some experience in the fitness industry give me some idea how do PTs work with movie stars to bring their body weight for roles and whats the best source of motivation? I haven't been able to have much success with fitness and dieting. Its a problem of one or the other... If I work out heaps, I tend to eat heaps of food (including those nasty carbs) Vice versa :

Post subject: Re: Fitness
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Can someone with some experience in the fitness industry give me some idea how do PTs work with movie stars to bring their body weight for roles and whats the best source of motivation? I haven't been able to have much success with fitness and dieting. Its a problem of one or the other... If I work out heaps, I tend to eat heaps of food (including those nasty carbs) Vice versa :
It's a lifestyle, man. People go into it thinking a diet is a temporary thing, and it shouldn't be. You should be loading yourself up with vegetables, whole grains, lean protein sources, and fruits all the time, not just when you wanna change your weight. If you can do this and commit to it for a lifetime, it gets much easier to move your weight in a favorable way. The diet is definitely harder to get down than the workouts, but the results are greater when you master it. Mind over matter is all it is. Don't think about what you're doing or why you're doing it. Just get up, grab your keys and hit the gym. When you get back, down a protein shake, make a chicken sandwich on whole wheat and a yogurt cup for your lunch at work, then go to work. a couple of hours in, have an apple or an orange. It's just a lifestyle change, and that's the best way I can describe it for you. Best of luck, dude!

-Ruggedized

Post subject: Re: Fitness
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks