PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hopefully I don’t make this too long but...
I'm sick of people trying to tell me that things will be fine and these "help" forums that basically say the same thing. I need done real advice and people to not talk to me like I'm a kid, no matter how offensive it may come across. I need to sorry it my life and I need a good kicking.

I did 1 year of Uni in Wolverhampton (biology and psychology combined) but then switched the next year to Birmingham city (nutrition science) for 2 and a half years. I failed half a module (practical exam) 3 times which had very strict marking) so although I completed everything else I got kicked out of university because of it.

This means, according to student finance, I have received 4 years of funding from them and I’m not entitled to any more (which I understand). So I have basically I feel I have wasted 4 years of my life with nothing to show. I can’t afford to start a new course as I’m pretty sure I’ll have to pay the new fees and I just don’t have the money since I’ve been in constant education so I’ve never had a full time job. I do work part time as a team leader at a football club but this is a dead end job and only on match days so I make probably £50 a month (still live at home with parent and brother of course).
At first I was interested in doing something in nutrition and sport/ but did not want to be a personal trainer as most of the places I’ve looked at what you to pay for a space to train and you only get paid on getting cliets.so I’m just not motivated in that area anymore
I just really need some advice on what my options are. I was considering an apprenticeship but I am not sure if I am too old to get chosen or what to do. I just don’t want to be stuck in a dead end job in a shop where I can’t make something of myself. It’s really upsetting and I’ve tried to look for jobs but I haven’t found anything that would teach me anything or I dot have the qualifications to do get it. I need to do something that’s interesting.

In looking to improve my Value for myself first and the woman will be a Side benefit.

I apologise for how long this is I tried to keep it short ad forgive the grammar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I can totally understand you. Studying puts a ton of pressure on you, especially if you spent lots of money on it. But, the end is always a new beginning. I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you that no matter how and when you do it, improving yourself is always a good way to go, even if it comes with certain drawbacks.

1. No job is beneath you. Many rich and successful guys started with menial jobs. Don't write them off. A job is always an opportunity. You can't expect to get a well paid, nice job without any qualifications or contacts. Even if you have to flip burgers. It won't be forever. And you always get experience and new connections out of it.

2. Just continue doing something that suits you. Even if the future seems bleak, you can always start something new. My friend's father in law is the perfect example. He's an immigrant, who knew nothing and started is own deli with a friend after he came here. He worked shitty jobs on the side to make ends meet.

When his finances stabilized he did an apprenticeship. He was over 30 at that time. He started working at an insurance company and is now the head of a local branch. He always continued improving himself, doing things on the side, learning and acquiring new skills. He's in his 50s now and is doing another apprenticeship on the side again. All the money he makes, he invests in more projects.

Age is just a number. Just because others did it earlier in their lives than you, doesn't mean you can't do it later. Just like in PUA, this is a confidence thing.

So get out there, start low, get a hold, move up, work on it and I'm sure you'll make it.