Post subject: rate this shirt!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Doing some shopping.

What do you guys think of this shirt from a pua point of view?

http://www.shirtstore.se/chocolate-lab- ... c-493.aspx

I realize its a matter of taste (I usually wear dress shirts or suits so not my cup of tea but it´s nice to vary your outfits!)

Life is good

Live it for yourself

Post subject: Re: rate this shirt!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:21 pm 
The Coach

Quote:
Doing some shopping.

What do you guys think of this shirt from a pua point of view?

http://www.shirtstore.se/chocolate-lab- ... c-493.aspx

I realize its a matter of taste (I usually wear dress shirts or suits so not my cup of tea but it´s nice to vary your outfits!)

Seems a little too "attention seeking"

Dress with edge. Not like a goof lol

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yes I agree, just bought it anyway. Gonna field test it, it´s still a subtle way to peacock. Might go well with a black sport jacket and black jeans.

Life is good

Live it for yourself

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm 
Dedicated Member

That is definitely not a subtle way to peacock. A subtle way would be a colourful bracelet!

At first glimpse I just thought 'no'. However, I actually quite like it after a couple of seconds looking at it. Not something I'd wear personally, and obviously it's only for very casual situations, but it's quite funny and if it comes out with the same almost 3d effect when you're wearing it, then you should get loads of attention from it.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
That is definitely not a subtle way to peacock. A subtle way would be a colourful bracelet!

At first glimpse I just thought 'no'. However, I actually quite like it after a couple of seconds looking at it. Not something I'd wear personally, and obviously it's only for very casual situations, but it's quite funny and if it comes out with the same almost 3d effect when you're wearing it, then you should get loads of attention from it.
It has that 3d affect you´re describing. Haven´t had the opportunity to wear it out field, but it is a nice shirt to have if you´re just cuddling with the girl at home

Life is good

Live it for yourself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Nice shirt, it shows 3D image of dog's face. It is however good to wear indoors, otherwise dogs would bark at it if you go outside wearing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Try this one instead

http://www.shirtstore.se/15-year-old-gi ... c-493.aspx

No one will think you're a creep. Promised.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Absolutely sick peacock. I would buy shirts off this site if it wasn't so expensive and in my currency.

-Knox "Know How" Hayden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

David D'Angelo has a saying: "Be interesting, not entertaining."

In other words; don't be a clown or a dancing monkey for other people, in order to get attention.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

That is a fucking retarded shirt and the fact that you are thinking about wearing that to "peacock" (get attention) is demonstrative of your neediness, which is the biggest attraction killer. The mindset you should have is -- whatever shit i want to wear, that I like, that makes me feel good, I'll wear. Wearing anything for attention from others is lame as fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
That is a fucking retarded shirt and the fact that you are thinking about wearing that to "peacock" (get attention) is demonstrative of your neediness, which is the biggest attraction killer. The mindset you should have is -- whatever shit i want to wear, that I like, that makes me feel good, I'll wear. Wearing anything for attention from others is lame as fuck.
Why is it lame? If it starts a conversation with a girl, or if it helps you stand out from all the other averagely dressed people, then why is it lame?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it lame? If it starts a conversation with a girl, or if it helps you stand out from all the other averagely dressed people, then why is it lame?
It is lame because it says "I'm not worth noticing on my own, so I have to wear some ridiculous shirt in order to be noticed and get attention.'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
It is lame because it says "I'm not worth noticing on my own, so I have to wear some ridiculous shirt in order to be noticed and get attention.'
Is that your own opinion, or is that the opinion the average girl? More importantly, is that really the opinion of the girl who went up to him to talk to him about his shirt? If I think someone is lame, I won't make much of an effort to socialize with him or her... If I find him or her interesting, I might want to start a conversation.

Fact is that peacocking is probably the most basic and undisputed theory of PUA. Peacocking is observed across so many different species, not to mention our own ancestors.

There's no debate here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Fact is that peacocking is probably the most basic and undisputed theory of PUA. Peacocking is observed across so many different species, not to mention our own ancestors.

There's no debate here.
I disagree. Mystery read The Red Queen by Matt Ridley and is applying a concept that relates to mostly animals and ancient tribes to modern society. Flashy robes and jewelry were a sign of royalty or leadership or wealth in those times, but the same does not apply to this t-shirt in today's world. The reason ridiculous and outlandish outfits or accessories work for mystery is because he is a showman, he's a magician. It's congruent with his personality and values. If you have to come on a forum to ask if this shirt will get you attention, it is likely not congruent. The second a girl gives him shit for this shirt he's gonna lose because he doesn't have faith in himself to wear this shirt, he's trying to impress/get attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am 
Dedicated Member

Some of the more overt peacocking can make you look like a tool if done in the wrong place. However, if anyone has ever been into town clubbing dressed in fancy dress for a birthday or something, you've probably had quite a lot of comments on it - you don't feel self conscious because all your other friends are doing it and it's for your mates' birthday. You get loads of discussion (not necessarily compliments) because you're different.

The same goes for your general dress sense. During 'day game' you will probably want to focus more on looking good and subtle peacocking. So get your fit right, get the colours right, and then add a little bit of a peacock - something like a brightly coloured tie or pocket square, or if more casual, something like an unusual t-shirt. This particular t-shirt, worn with a reasonably decent pair of jeans, a nice jacket (not blazer, but coat-type jacket) and probably some fashion sneakers is going to create a decent casual outfit with this effect being a bit of a subtle peacock.