Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: WeSideThugg
Quote:
Hey there. Lot's of good tips here. Here's a technique that really worked for me:

Grab a book or an article that is interesting and exciting and read it out loud. Be creative and dynamic when reading it; read it in such a way that it holds your own interest in the article or story. Record yourself and on playback enjoy your powerful presentation and great voice. Make adjustments on the next try, rinse, and repeat.

Golan
to add to this. This is where you can improve several things. Read these things to yourself first, then in front of a mirror reead them to yourself, practice on different facial expressions like suspenseful parts in an article or something and listen to your tone. practice this alot, or even practice your openers you plan to use and such. it may seem funny at first and youll probably laugh at yourself.

i look in the mirror each morning and night before i go to bed after brushing my teeth and tell myself how damn sexy i am and how any girl who could turn me down is not worth my time ( C&F baby ;) ;) or maybe just cocky haha) but also work on some openers you have that may not be so... true? (its not lying its flirting right? lol) notice some unconscious body language you do when your "flirting" and try to eliminate this or at least tone it down. these are some things i just personally do, i mean some people may disagree and say it accomplishes nothing but hey if something works for you, then how is it wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
without demeaning america i'd fairly claim that for the most part americans are dumber than brits and most english guys have a much better idea of how to treat a woman than average yanks. but that's just me.
haha, is this a joke? Lets not forget James Bond is fiction.

A foreign accent is going to boost your value regardless. I have a wonderful American accent :wink: and when I went to Europe recently, I got tons of IOIs on the way I talked because its different than what chicks over there were used to. Its that simple.

As for the notion we're dumber than you redcoats, lol, I think you disproved that one on your own, mate!
Lol. It's true that being foreign is an automatic DHV. But it's also true that Americans are on average dumber than brits : ) Seriously...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:21 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Ok bro, while that was a pretty scientific study and all, its a pretty ridiculous claim. I know its popular to hate on the US in Europe/Australia but step-off the band wagon for two minutes and think about what you are saying. No country has all smart people, lol, give me a break! I guarantee you go out and ask a bunch a brits those same questions, it could be edited to make you look bad too.

So should we all believe stereotypes? It would be like me saying all brits have bad teeth, bad personal hygiene in general, are complainers, loud-mouthed, rude, pompous, eat gross-food, non-personable, alcoholic, live in castles, hypocritical, impulsively homosexual, have "tea-time" three times a day WITH crumpets, violent and just not very nice.... So do you see? Its just ignorant. Didnt mean to go overboard, but I think you get my point. Cheers!

Swoop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:34 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Dude.

Apart from the bit about castles, and homosexuals that is a pretty good description of the average Englishman.
I see smelly, violent, alcoholic, malnourished, black-toothed, rude people every day.
All description generalises. That's how language works. It's universalisation that should be avoided.

For tonality: You should listen to Antony Hopkins, Christopher Walken etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:56 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Ok bro, while that was a pretty scientific study and all, its a pretty ridiculous claim. I know its popular to hate on the US in Europe/Australia but step-off the band wagon for two minutes and think about what you are saying. No country has all smart people, lol, give me a break! I guarantee you go out and ask a bunch a brits those same questions, it could be edited to make you look bad too.

So should we all believe stereotypes? It would be like me saying all brits have bad teeth, bad personal hygiene in general, are complainers, loud-mouthed, rude, pompous, eat gross-food, non-personable, alcoholic, live in castles, hypocritical, impulsively homosexual, have "tea-time" three times a day WITH crumpets, violent and just not very nice.... So do you see? Its just ignorant. Didnt mean to go overboard, but I think you get my point. Cheers!
Most of that's pretty much true... :lol: Loud-mouthed, homosexual, live in castles, and tea-times are all bullshit, but the rest, absolutely ;)

No disrespect, dude, I'm just stating my opinion. Besides, I have lived in both America and England, my younger brother is 100% American, I've been to Community College in the States, and University in England. There's many many scientific surveys that show americans are generally less intelligent than europeans. It's just true. Sorry and all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:40 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Oh and don't forget English girls are sluts! ;) Good to see my attempt to turn this thread back to voice tonality worked then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:22 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Dude.

Apart from the bit about castles, and homosexuals that is a pretty good description of the average Englishman.
I see smelly, violent, alcoholic, malnourished, black-toothed, rude people every day.
All description generalises. That's how language works. It's universalisation that should be avoided.

For tonality: You should listen to Antony Hopkins, Christopher Walken etc.
Funny discussion, but intelligence questions aside, my experience says that women everywhere find foreignness intriguing, especially if you can show off your culture's good traits without the bad stereotypes. For Americans, that can mean showing off the cool California/cowboy/Manhattan persona without acting ignorant to local language and culture and trampling on customs. For Brits, it's acting and sounding sophisticated without having bad teeth or being a fruit :) For Asians, it's about boasting a deep, exotic culture without being a technology geek that's snapping photos or mispronouncing the letter L... In all cases, being worldly and showing an appreciation for the local culture is also critical; nobody likes a guest who does nothing but piss on the local ways.

As for the point above, I love Christopher Walken, but I don't think anyone should EVER try to emulate his voice unless you're doing impressions :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:30 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Haha. Yeah, being foreign is always good, I totally agree with you.

As for voice tonality, Darth Vader works best for me.

Oh and the prosthetic arm is a great DHV, and you have no idea how awesome using the Force when AMOGing is. Plus, his negs are so awesome he makes girls lose the will to live. Brilliant.