PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

AOL: BlackBull626
===NOTICE:Long post.NOT skimming through is advised.Seriously,skipping even one part will make the point of this post dissappear.===

I've been looking into how people can best use the game based on their own personalites in the best way possible,and have found many different ideas and theories behind the subject.

Unfortunately,most of the ideas and theories were just batches of academic snob talk that tells the common man absolutely nothing.However,I came upon a subject that struck me,and if focused upon enough,could move the pick up scene forward tremendously.It is:

:arrow: Emotional Intelligence

As I usually emphasize,everyone is different in their ways of thinking and living,and therefore each person has different advantages and disadvantages regarding the use of what's taught in pick up.

Keeping that fact in mind,it's obvious that each person has their own different view on inner game.That also means that each person has different and varying levels of emotional intelligence.

While some people who are suffering from inner game are able to overcome it with the normal time,dedication,and techniques necessary,some people with the SAME inner game problems may not even be aware of what is actually causing the lack of inner game.Some guys,unfortunately,might be suffering from being social outcasts or socially distant,most often AGAINST their own will.

It's easy to tell someone to talk positively about themselves and realize that their lack of self-confidence or leadership is a mind trick.It's even easier to tell those same people to get over it,and go out and embarass yourself to tell the difference betweeen true embarassment and fear(Which,by the way,works more often than not)

But let's face it guys,there are some people who,no matter HOW many times they write "I am invincible in bars" on index cards and recite it,no matter how many times they go and crash and burn with women,no matter whether they actually do decide to go with Hypnotica's suggestion to wear a dildo strapped to you're head in a shopping mall...

...there will always be people who experienced,and continue to experience many failures over,and over,and over again,without one single break or chance of sucess.

And again,it is extremely easy to say "Try again.You'll get it".Some people are not that fortunate.

Those who may be affected by lack of emotional intelligence:
:arrow: People who have been bullied since childhood,and socially ignored
:arrow: People who have fought against a debillitating disease such as Asthma or Diabetes since childhood
:arrow: People who have lost their parents at a young age,and had to fend for themselves on the streets
:arrow: People who,at one point,have been somewhat obese,but busted their ass to lose the weight,and probably have had their childhood growing up full of bullying and teasing.

Technically,anyone who had suffered a lot in childhood may suffer from lack of emotional intelligence.

Now what everyone's wondering:What does this have to do with inner game?

Simple.Without any foundation of emotional intelligence,inner game excercises,self-confidence drills,and even every other pick up technique everyone on this forum is trying to learn WILL NOT WORK.

Yes,WILL NOT WORK.

Affirmations,Crash and Burns,negs,DHVs,Rappaport,Qualification,Kino.

Without emotional intelligence,these are USELESS.

So,with that said,hopefully these 3 things can be kept in mind for everyone who just read:

:arrow: 1)The progression model to transform someone from AFC to PUA should go:Emotional Intelligence-Inner Game-Outer Game-Advanced Tactics

:arrow: 2)With enough awareness,hopefully there can be a "Emotional Intelligence" thread put under the "Inner Game" section,and maybe some new ideas and solutions can grow out of it

:arrow: 3)Someone could become the guru on "emotional intelligence...and pick up".

I am done.

You're turn:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Well Said

Also read How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnige, The closers, and go to the field. OJT style. You learn, you try it, you work on it.

-RainMaker