Post subject: Pool Set Opener
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:45 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

What's happening, what's happening y'all! Here's a set opener me and my buddy used while holidaying in Southern Spain and...it works a treat!

(The following should be performed with a group or with a wing)

Acquire a target (or a two set) tanning or chatting by the side of a pool and:

The Zeus: "Hey, won't take a second, but could you possibly help me settle a little score with my buddy/ies? !"

Target: "What sort of score?"

TheZeus: "Well I like to think that I'm a first class pose diver and those guys over there have given my last demonstration a goddamn 3! Surely this can't be! I was wondering whether you give me a second opinion[employ Cocky Funny]

Target: (laughs) "Sure!"

[Run up to dive like a true athlete and do a stupid dive - eg a bomb!"

Lots of laughs all round - then, as getting out of the pool:

The Zeus: That was awesome huh?! Now you're turn!"

This is my first post dudes so let me know what you think

Till again,

PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

where is the hook? what comes after the bad dive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for the question Cap't:

As I said, this was an opinion operner, not a method. It was designed for the PUA to initiate a "normal conversation" with the target - see Savoy. Having initiated with the opener, the path is yours to pave with your choice of negs etc etc as well as questions aimed at using the "yes-ladder".

In that particular case, I remember I chose to follow up the dive by inviting her to do the same and jump in, negging her by saying:

TheZeus [turning to her friend or to her] - "Is she always as quiet as this?! My friends told me girls from Spain were crazy - I'm a little disappointed!"

Haven taken it as a bit of a challenged, she jumped in.
I then ran a quick ESP trick (1-10 question) - this is one of my favourite as even if the target doesn't choose 7, as the majority should do, you can step in with some "cocky funny" and tell her that you're a also a world class mind reader but that, unfortunately, she had caught you on a bad day.

I then number closed with ease

Does that help?!

Any comments welcome

PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

AOL: Soccer149
Those are good ideas TheZeus. I like the "I thought girls from Spain were fun/ crazy. Guess not." This catches the girl in a trap where they feel dumb if they don't play along and have fun. David X (from what I remember) uses this a lot. He catches girls by saying stuff like that and gets their numbers or them to leave like that. For example, earlier in the night he will as "Are you spontaneous" and the girl almost always answers "Yes", so when he tries to leave with the girl and she shows LMR (last-minute-resistance), he will say "I thought you were spontaneous?" and she will go.