Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:58 pm 
Dedicated Member

Make friends with everybody. It improves your social proof, makes partying a lot more fun, and keeps you out of situations like that.

Don't fight with anyone. It makes you look like a dick. Especially, don't get into fights with people who have social proof at the establishment. It's never a fight against one guy, and you LOSE social proof for being a dick.

I used to be a bouncer. I wasn't a very good one. I was a dick. But the guys that got along with me could kill someone in the loo, and I'd help them hide the bodies.

Social proof goes way beyond "Those are my friends. I have friends, thus am I cool." Social proof reflects through the entire interaction. When you're a nice guy to everyone, your target will think you are a nice guy. If you're a dick, to even one person, your target will assume that you act like a nice guy when it's convenient, but you're really a dick.

Bouncer: I told you to leave earlier. (Grabs your arm)
You: Sure, man. Forgot my jacket. I'm leaving now. (calmly disengaging his hand; if he doesn't, say "I'm out, bro. I know I'm irresistable, but you can't molest me like this in public...") Damn you're strong. Where do you work out?

Post subject: Monkey!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:17 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Yeah i agree monkey.
It should always be your goal to befriend everyone that it is possible to.
But this situation diff is talking about we did not have the choice to fight. It was just one of those times when an over aggressive drunk guy doesnt like the look of you and decides this means he must beat up on you.
Happens at times.
And situations like that are hard to talk your way out of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

vulnerability-story-i-used-that-worked-vt4096.html

hey can u guys have a look at my vulnerability story, Im thinking of running it again....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

1st thing you do when you go into a new bar is make friends with the bouncers..

And do what they ask you to do. Remember they have a job to do.

Getting in a fight with them is sort of like fighting with the cops. It's a stupid thing to do, and unnecessary for a high status guy.