PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: n/a
AOL: n/a
i cant see a way of a approching a sit down set bec am stood up i feel like they will find it intrusive any ideas on openers i could use aswell??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'll offer some advice, although my experience is sparse, I hope it helps. I've opened 4 sets recently that were seated and all landed and some were the best sets I've done. Normal opening rules apply but a big one, is don't lean in. When there's a group seated, it's obviously going to be harder to get your opener out in a loud environment. Just say it loudly and clearly. Make it short, too. Then you want to try and lock in as soon as possible. In other words, take a seat. Don't just plonk yourself down thigh to thigh or looking them square in the face. You want to be mid-sentence and just sit on the corner of the seat/bench as though your just about to get up at any moment.

If you're confidently speaking and they're listening to you as you take a seat, they won't bat an eyelid. As you build rapport and you feel the group is comfortable, try and position yourself (and/or) your wing so it is possible to engage everybody in the set, not just be sitting awkwardly on the end of the bench forcing the target to talk to you and ignore her friends.

If you're still anxious, just try walking up and running an opener without even having the intention of sitting, just to see how it feels. It sounds like a daunting prospect (just walking up and sitting at someones table) but if your in a conversation, it actually feels very natural.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: n/a
AOL: n/a
thanks pal i ll defo try some openers with no intent of sitting i did some stood up last night jus stood at the bar i notised my body language looked relaxed look like i where having a good time and tbh i was. but yer i will try some plain openers just to get a feel for a sitting down set i ll try rocking in and out using time constraints :) thanks a lot pal some awsom advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:37 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

One of my best sets was a 4-set of 2 couples who were seated in a restaraunt. My wing and I were given a table next to them, and as we were sitting, I turned to the HB and asked if it was too gay that two men sat next to each other rather than across from each other. She laughed, and her AFC boyfriend said "Nah, it's the 21st century, man."

about 10 minutes later, I turned to her and asked her what was good (they were on dessert). She and I then went into about 10 minutes of conversation, while I lightly negged her, and aggressively negged her BF and the other BF. I got lots of IOIs, but didn't push it...

I didn't ultimately #close or anything, but I'm pretty new to this. Basically, I was practicing but thought my opener was good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey mate,

There isn't too much to seated sets, but there is one very important thing you need to keep in mind, and that's the fact that nobody likes the feeling of sitting down while somebody is standing and towering over you.

For this reason, you need to be getting down to their eye level, whether it's by grabbing a seat nearbye and sitting down, or crouching down. Crouching down isn't being supplicative as some may suggest, it's an attempt at rapport. Your supplication will come out in a million different ways if that's how you're behaving. The key is to make the women feel comfortable.

When you first walk in to a seated set, you can say whatever you want to say to open them. What you want to wait for is for them to pay attention to you. Once you have their attention and they are reacting to your presence (about 5-10 seconds in), then you crouch/sit down. This is important to keep in mind because if you simply sit down at their table without even saying hello, some women are going to get agitated by your incursion on their private space. Simply waiting for them to acknowledge your will make women far more comfortable with the act of sitting down at their table.

That's all there is to it, no other tricks or special word play required. The rest of the interaction plays out as usual.