PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

OK I just saw this article from the UK which really concerned me...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... hate-crime

In case it gets removed:

--------------------------------

Nottinghamshire police to count wolf-whistling in street as a hate crime

Uninvited sexual advances and unwanted verbal contact with a woman, including catcalling or wolf-whistling in the street, are to be recorded as a hate crimes in a new effort to tackle sexist abuse.

Nottinghamshire police has expanded its categories of hate crime to include misogynistic incidents, characterised as behaviour targeted towards a victim simply because they are a woman.

This means incidents ranging from street harassment to unwanted physical approaches can be reported to and investigated by the police, and support put in place for victims.

The force is the first in the country to adopt the separate misogyny hate crime category, and has provided specific training to selected officers in the past three months.

Commenting on the new procedures, introduced in partnership with Nottingham Women’s Centre, Ch Con Sue Fish said: “I’m delighted that we are leading the way towards tackling misogyny in all its forms.

“It’s a very important aspect of the overall hate crime work being conducted and one that will make Nottinghamshire a safer place for all women. What women face, often on a daily basis, is absolutely unacceptable and can be extremely distressing.”

Work on the change began in June 2014 after a research project, which led on to a conference at which women gave examples of harassment they had faced.

Fish encouraged anyone affected by misogynistic hate crime to contact police without hesitation. “The work we are doing with Nottingham Women’s Centre is so valuable and I am looking forward to continuing that work,” she added.

Examples of such incidents may include unwanted or uninvited sexual advances, physical or verbal assault, unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement, and use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages or take photographs without consent.

-------------------

Does this worry anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 pm 
King Among Mortals

Everyone give up, game is over, someone blew the whistle on it. Stop approaching women, it'll much safer masturbating at home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:45 pm 

I really dont see them punishing people for going up to women and saying hi. Dont pull silly RSD style approaches that are obnoxious and you will be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:13 pm 
Dedicated Member

As if wolf whistling and cat calling is how normal PUA approach. You well know what kind of people do that and how women feel about it (intimidated and wanting to pass the group as quick as possible. Yeah, a group, because those idiots rarely dare to wolf whistle when they are not with their buddies).

Of course it is stupid to call it a hate crime, it is merely harassment.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:28 pm 
Dedicated Member

It shouldn't be a concern for now. But this stuff is dangerous. The idea that treating a woman differently from a man is "misogyny" is insane but people are pushing this idea hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:08 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
I really dont see them punishing people for going up to women and saying hi. Dont pull silly RSD style approaches that are obnoxious and you will be fine.
So are you saying the RSD approaches don't work for Tyler, Julien and Todd then?